MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Midi : Linndrum + TR-808 + TR-909 with Ableton
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Midi : Linndrum + TR-808 + TR-909 with Ableton
haroldb
Hello,

Hope you're all fine.

A quick message to share few questions about midi controlling 3 Drums machine: Linndrum / 808 / 909 - at the same time sequenced by Ableton

At the moment I'm using the Kenton pro solo mkII for the 808 which works well but I'm looking for the magic tool to use them all at the time as I recently received the other drum machines and still looking to learn to use them and find an interesting intuitive way to start working differently.

I'd be happy to have your thoughts to know what you would recommend
DiscoDevil
Not sure I follow. Your 808 and Linndrum would need a midi interface. Assign the 909 to whatever midi channel you want and program your drums. You just need a midi interface for your computer that has multiple outputs or a single output with an active Midi Thru box.
CalvaryBand
Are you talking about syncing them all? I have used the Roland SBX-10 extensively and find it great for syncing sequencers/drum machines. Just route DIN into it from your Pro Solo and you can have all clocks sync'd at once.
rowsbywoof
CalvaryBand wrote:
Are you talking about syncing them all? I have used the Roland SBX-10 extensively and find it great for syncing sequencers/drum machines. Just route DIN into it from your Pro Solo and you can have all clocks sync'd at once.

Or the more modern successor, the AIRA SBX-1 Sync Box. I've used one flawlessly with a TR-808 to integrate it with Ableton. grin
haroldb
Thanks for your answers Rowsbywoof, DiscoDevil & CalvaryBand ! spinning

I forgot to mention that my Linndrum LM2 has no midi, just classic sync in.

Did someone already tried to sync Linndrum with SBX-1 or SBX-10 ?
And also for 909 and 808 all at the same time ?

What would be the difference and good option between those two ?

I've seen that some Linndrum LM2 have midi installed, not sure if that would bring something more, or SBX-1 would be just fine, as play with all of them at the same time with Ableton and also record without having to worry about the syncing problems.
DiscoDevil
The Linndrum MIDI gives you the ability to trigger the voices via midi notes but does not give you midi clock.

The Roland SBX-1 will let you sync all your boxes. For the Linndrum, you'll need a way to separate the start/stop and clock messages on one of the DIN outputs and make sure it's set to 48PPQ.

My friend and fellow wiggler Bryantist makes such a box call the Bitchin' Sync. You could run one of the DIN outputs of the SBX-1 in to one side and then connect the clock to the SYNC input and the START/STOP to the Remote Play/Stop input. Then on the other side of the Bitchin' Sync, run the 2nd DIN output from the SBX-1 in and connect the 2 outputs to the inputs on the 808 and 909.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1