MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Takaab 3LFO - (affordable ebay 6hp lfo)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Takaab 3LFO - (affordable ebay 6hp lfo)
Gotovo
Hi guys, has anyone tried/seen this?

Didn't find any info about the maker on muffs or on google.

Looks pretty sweet, I always had a thing for super compact and cheap LFO's, like the uoki toki quad one.

Does anyone know how they're made, it seems like it would be a simple circuit.
Johnnyfive
Damn that’s cheap, even cheaper than Ladik. Ships from Thailand so guessing it’s made there? Keen for more info too.
Bjarlstedt
"See other items"... Lovely hmmm.....
Gotovo
Yeah, along with these really affordable diy ones, things are getting interesting for cheapskates like myself hihi
radiokoala
Wouldn't think twice about it. Looks dope. Good find. One of the LFO's goes up to 250 Hz, + /\/ & LГI outputs simultaneously – can't ask for more. Then there's a super dope drum synth (60£ Rakit DIY kit) in similar offers as well, pretty full-featured for the price, looks quite incredible also.
Maneville
Looks interesting.

I've pulled the trigger, so I'll let you know how I get on when it gets here to *ahem* sunny Scotland.
a100user
Good find, ordered. Even if it’s so/so it’ll have something to add.

The mixer, though even less expensive didn’t do it for me but I’d be interested if the range expands.
Johnnyfive
Nice one, I look forward to seeing how they turn out
doesn't ship to us... ?
seems odd.
mamonu
for the UK people that just ordered:
Please let us know if there is a "sting" from the customs
and the amount of it if any
Maneville
Update: shipped within 24 hours of payment, and with delivery projected to the UK by the 18th of this month. So far, colour me impressed, I've had UK sellers (commercial and eBay) take longer than that.

I'll also let UK people know if I get pinged for VAT, import duty, etc., though in my experience this is incredibly variable; I've received modules from overseas without problem, but once got slammed for children's clothing from the US. And don't get me started on the 'signature required' deliveries that come through the letterbox without my signing for anything.

Anyhoo, I need to figure out how to do a YT video of this module...
khakifridge
mamonu wrote:
for the UK people that just ordered:
Please let us know if there is a "sting" from the customs
and the amount of it if any

VAT is payable on anything worth more than £15 (including the postage). Duty doesn't kick in until £135. [UK govt. website] But it's not always collected. YMMV.
mamonu
what the hell.
I ordered one too.

nanners
(live fast/die young etc)
hihi
myfinekilt
Yeah, I just went with a foam roller for now..
mamonu
it would be interesting when someone receives it to measure the
+12V / -12V mA power requirements for it if he has the capability to do so.

I will try when its here to also take a good photo for modulargrid.
myfinekilt
mamonu wrote:

I will try when its here to also take a good photo for modulargrid.

`just pulled the trigger but was thinking mod grid needs details...!
Summa
no cv? no thanks..
Snatti
This simple mixer from the same seller looks interesting as well.
Maneville
Update:

The parcel arrived.

Nice and safely packaged.

No 'ping' from Customs, just straight through to the Postman and thence to me.

Racked and tested and seems fine.

The dials seem to control the LFO rate, with clockwise slowing it down to the stated speeds, and counter-clockwise speeding it up to...something. I don't have any other than software sillyscopes, so I can't test that.

Ran all six outs into the 1v/o of Doepfer A-110-4 and Pittsburgh Waveforms, and all sounds good. Even tried routing both outs from LFO-2 to the same module, and parallel outs work, too.

Pics below.

I'll try and upload a plain audio test over the next couple of days.

So far, all looks good for a base LFO. Not bad for a smidge over £30.

a100user
Ha, was just about to post a similar photo set.

Very impressed with the packaging and the overall quality is good too. Mine is still here at work so won't get it racked until the weekend.

Have you had a chance to use it yet?

bemushroomed
"Ships to: United Kingdom"

lol.. fucking derps.

The cheapest doepfer is far better with its reset in + 5 outs. tiny bit more expensive but... LFO's without reset/sync is very boring imo.
myfinekilt
Mines on the way but kinda wishing it had some pingable input, even one master...

(Might be the first time I say "should have got a doepfer..") ;-)
Maneville
For me, this LFO is something I plan to use to drive self-generating patches, so that I can make better use of PNW.

Short, medium, and long cycles are fine for my needs most of the time, I can speed them up or slow them down a little manually for variation, and they can get patched into mults, wave-shapers, etc., to give me more variety.

I see what's said about wanting CV or whatever over them, but they suit me and my needs, plus it feels good to be supporting a newcomer to the field, too.
a100user
Three LFO’s each with a different range for £30, good value for money.

Only odd thing is that the rate knobs work in reverse on mine, FCW’s is slow and FCCW’s is fast. A little idiosyncratic but adds to it’s charm.
myfinekilt
Maneville wrote:
For me, this LFO is something I plan to use to drive self-generating patches, so that I can make better use of PNW.

Short, medium, and long cycles are fine for my needs most of the time, I can speed them up or slow them down a little manually for variation, and they can get patched into mults, wave-shapers, etc., to give me more variety.

I see what's said about wanting CV or whatever over them, but they suit me and my needs, plus it feels good to be supporting a newcomer to the field, too.

Yup kinda my instinct to buy tbh. I hate sync everything!

But yeah for 35 bones, even a scotsman shouldn't grumble... :-(

"Knobs in reverse" ; it really wants to open up your mental workflow.. lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2