MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Linux
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Linux
slumberjack
hi there!

i'm switching to linux and wonder who's working on this os too.

Hz,
s
adam
i run it on some pc's
beersbikesbuns
I used to use it as my primary and am thinking of going back. But I regularly use Linux through virtual machines
Koekepan
It's pretty much all I use.

These days it's quite a decent solution for audio, if you pick your software intelligently. If you're new to it, you probably want a fairly preconfigured system such as https://ubuntustudio.org/ but I just use straight Debian and go nuts.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone here is likely to know the answers.
commodorejohn
I've been switched over for a couple years now (Devuan amd64) after it was clear Windows wasn't going to stop going to shit any time soon. Though I haven't used it for audio recording yet.
slumberjack
i will use it first on my daily business notebook to run reaper in wine for
audio chopping and stuff i don't need to be in the studio.

anybody runs usual daws? who's working with open stuff only?
Koekepan
I run renoise, sunvox, virtualANS as commercial software (although the last two are free downloads on desktop).

Free, I mostly run Audacity and Musescore (although I sometimes fiddle with other tools).

There are some excellent tools out there in freeland, if your mind is open. Not always as polished as, say, Cubase, but good stuff.
lamouette/rck
used to use it with bitwig, really nice combo, and easy to work with !
atte
I've been running linux since around 2000, debian stable since can't remember when. Main daw is reaper through wine, for tracking the modular.
slumberjack
i'm on ubuntu now with my notebook.
reaper tru wine.
it's more my daily operations workbox for my communication, office and business need. still some audio stuff i prefer to do on a notebook.

do all audio interfaces run with your systems?
scozbor
Ubuntu with Renoise and Bitwig here. loving it!!

Plugins in Wine can be a pain. About 70% of plugins I have tried are working for me using Airwave VST bridge.
slumberjack
scozbor wrote:
Ubuntu with Renoise and Bitwig here. loving it!!

Plugins in Wine can be a pain. About 70% of plugins I have tried are working for me using Airwave VST bridge.

Any idea with iZotope plug-ins?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1