MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-40/ESX-8MD Odd Behavior
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-40/ESX-8MD Odd Behavior
billyk419
So I love the ES-40/ESX-8MD combo, but not everyday. When it works, it's the best MIDI interface I've ever had. It's the times that it doesn't work properly that frustrate me which leads me to believe I've got something set up wrong...

On to the problem...

I power up my Doepfer Beauty case (with these modules in it). Nothing strange happens, but sometimes when I turn my audio interface on, it'll freak out and send crazy MIDI messages to all my stuff. It'll change presets, parameters, do odd clocking things, etc.

I've tried turning the audio interface on first, but then the ES-40 doesn't send any signals out.

Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it is very frustrating when it happens.

Any suggestions? or at least the proper order to turning everything on? very frustrating

Thanks guys
os
Quote:
I've tried turning the audio interface on first, but then the ES-40 doesn't send any signals out.

It should. Does the big 'sync' LED come on?
billyk419
I'm assuming you mean the red sync LED on the ES-40? If so, yes it comes on but when it does, all 8 LEDs on the ESX-8MD do as well.

At this point, I'm going to try reconfiguring the plug-in in a blank Ableton session to ensure nothing extra is being sent to that output.

Is there a 'proper' power up order? or does it really not matter?
os
It shouldn't really matter. The ES-40 outputs nothing until it gets valid SPDIF; I assume the audio interface will either output invalid/no SPDIF, or valid SPDIF containing silence if nothing is coming from the DAW.
billyk419
Ok I got a simple clock running solidly out of one outputs. All of the ESX-8MD’s lights light up when I try to add a second output though very frustrating
os
How are you adding that second output?
billyk419
Another instance of the plug-in on a new audio track with the Ableton "External Audio Effect" at the end (not using the input part of it)
os
All plug-ins going to the ES-40 need to be on the same track.
billyk419
Got it. I’ll give it a shot when I get home. Thanks thumbs up
billyk419
Booted up my rig twice yesterday. The first time the problem came back. All the ESX-8MD lights constantly on. Couldn't get any of them to turn off no matter what I tried, other than unplugging the S/PDIF cable. The second time everything was fine. I wish I could even pinpoint what was causing it, but it seems to be relatively random
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1