MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Sample and Hold Trust Fall
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author The Sample and Hold Trust Fall
fivepawnopaw
Hello fellow wigglers!

I more or less never felt I needed a Sample & Hold in my system, but always hear it is a good module to have in your arsenal. (well technically I do have one in my Disting, I just never found a good use for that mode).

Anyhow, what are some creative uses besides a random noise/pitch generator that you have found works great with a S&H?

Video and audio are most welcome!
bubbleandsquawk
Still using as a random pitch generator, but say you have a sequence and want to add a little variation, you can use sample and hold with sequential switch or a vc mixer to generate random notes on specific steps/gates/triggers.
Or you can clock s+h at audio rates to get nasty bitcrushing fx.
frated
Random cv for filters, random pulse for triggering...
Dcramer
I’ll sometimes patch up these little harmony machines where a sequence is captured at random times and held, being sent to a second oscillator. This creates these long notes that are derived from the main sequence. thumbs up
mixthe76
Dcramer wrote:
I’ll sometimes patch up these little harmony machines where a sequence is captured at random times and held, being sent to a second oscillator. This creates these long notes that are derived from the main sequence. thumbs up

Could you elaborate? Sounds like an interesting idea. How exactly would you patch that up?
Nelson Baboon
shouldn't this really be in the modular section?

not a big deal, but I thought that this sub-forum was supposed to center around noise music, and making it electronically. It seems like more and more, generic synth topics are being posted here.

perhaps no one cares.
jensenluxvid
frated wrote:
Random cv for filters, random pulse for triggering...

This.
FetidEye
if you post this in the General modular or eurorack forum you will get a lot more tips.

for noise stuff, you can patch a S/H on audiorate and make a bitcrusher out of it.
alessiomarkz
How to turn those move back which are mentions easily Premature Ejaculation Pills
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1