MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

No more clouds and reverb
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author No more clouds and reverb
swhic
Sorry for the rant, couldn't help it...
evolve
Rant? You barely started!
Hi5
Agreed
gonkulator
swhic wrote:

I can't take it - I need a safe place.
thevegasnerve
waah hmmm..... eek! seriously, i just don't get it
DSC
Go Gadget! GO!!!!
swhic
smile ha! well its happening inside me maybe somebody else can carry on..!
MrsWedge
Quit smoking wet. Everything will be OK.
hermbot
Wait, reverb in general isn't cool anymore? I thought it was flangers that were out of style.
evolve
hermbot wrote:
Wait, reverb in general isn't cool anymore? I thought it was flangers that were out of style.

Wah wah wah hihi
evileye0702
swhic wrote:

Minimalist rant. That's kind of an oxymoron.
Dave Peck
Or perhaps folks could be encouraged to spend some time really learning a lot more about how these effects can be used and what settings / mixes work well in various different applications, and creatively applying what they learn, rather than just always cranking up the mix ratio and the decay time until it's just an indistinct mess that mostly just obscures what the original signal sounded like. Try different mix ratios (especially really SMALL ratios!), decay times, different amounts of pre-delay, different EQ going into and/or out of the reverb, pan settings, etc. Find out what sounds good on a kik drum, a piano sound, a vocal track, a distorted guitar or synth equivalent sound, etc. Try experimenting with a mono reverb setting, learn what different types of early reflection settings can do to the sound, etc.
lisa
I hate Clouds but music can’t be made without reverb. angry
namon
evolve wrote:
hermbot wrote:

Wah wah wah hihi

...but I like auto wah :(
wildfrontiers
Wow, such a HOT (if not tired and cliched) take.

Are we still allowed to use oscillators?
Dave Peck
NO!!

swhic
..that means that modules become a trend / fashion. everybody is seeking for clouds, three sisters and reverb and...It's more like hunting to mimic specific sounds. I express my personal preference and nothing more. I have arrived to a point whenever I hear reverb and clouds I just choose next track...
And my personal preference is more about exploring new ideas and sounds. And sometimes I am annoyed! And sometimes oscillators should oscillate in higher frequencies.. wink
Mikeyg3k
Who cares what anybody else does?
lisa
I actually listen to the music that forum members post so.. I care. razz

However, my post only regarded my own view. I don’t like to use Clouds while others (few, but some) use it with great success.
sduck
I like clouds. And I like reverb. And even better I like clouds with the reverb turned up. I don't care what you think. Well, I do, a little, I guess. Not very much though. You're not the boss of me.
cornutt
I like clouds. Except for when tornadoes come out of them.
Eurocat
I feel the same way about the 303 acid sound.. ughhhh talking about played out.. death to the 303
gonkulator
Okay, I guess I will contribute, now that I see more than a cryptic statement. I don't know how Clouds and Three Sisters gets lumped in with reverb, which predates the former by, like, forever. Yes, things tend to progress from invention>innovation>trend(or not)>cliche>jaded>non-use>rebirth>... but as has been said/implied, if things are in the possible cliche phase, you better be aware of that and not rely on what you think is a new sound to carry you past weak parts of the rest of your creations.
commodorejohn
lisa wrote:
I hate Clouds but music can’t be made without reverb. angry

Pshaw: 100% dry MS-20 Mini.
namon
thanks for that link.
gonna listen to armageddon practice on repeat.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5