MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Hidden Cost EP
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author The Hidden Cost EP
whinger
I just released my first EP, The Hidden Cost and wanted to share it with MuffWiggler. Several of you helped me quite a bit, spending a lot of time answering my stupid questions and offering great advice. Nathan Moody in particular has been crazy helpful — he even mastered the EP.

Anyhow, I hope a couple of you might like it.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=4139449997 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]
JakoGreyshire
Nice track! Sequim eh? Wow, I'm not too far from you there... Do you play out? Any other wigglers in Sequim? I'm still trying to track down a few whispers here in PT...
whinger
Hey, nice to meet you, yeah Port Townsend is really close.
I don't know of anyone else on the strait that has a modular. And no, I've never taken any of it out live. I don't even know of anything over here, just that modular meet up in Seattle. Have you gone to that?
JakoGreyshire
Haven't been yet...been meaning to though... I've got a few new modules to learn and then I might get up the nerve to take the modular out to open mic night... If I do, I'll hit you up and see if you're around... Honestly I'm kind of nervous of taking the modular outside..

eek!

Patchwerks has a soldering get together once a week I've been meaning to go to as well..(I think it's still going on..) I'd like to finish a few circuit bending projects.. Free time is a factor though.... Do you DIY any modules? I haven't yet.. I'd like to.. That whole time thing again...

Just saw your instagram page... Nice modular case! And Holy shit look at those capacitors on the frickin VCF-74!!

What case is that? Did you make it?
whinger
I've been meaning to go for a while, but it almost always coincides with somehow getting slammed at work and not able to then spend the amount of time it takes to get into Seattle. But yes, really want to attend as well.

I have not done any DIY, not from a lack of desire, but rather because I've tried DIY in the past and have really made a pig's ear of it. It's better if I don't.

I've not taken the modular outside as it's just unwieldy enough to worry me that I'd mess something up. The System 500 is super portable, and I wouldn't hesitate to take that somewhere. The modular case is gorgeous, and was made by fellow MWer goiks. I couldn't be happier with it. And yes, that VSL VCF-74 is a monster, and Vintage Synth Labs have really done a spectacular job with it. Highly, highly recommended — it's one of my most frequently used modules.
tonymasiello
Very nice! I particularly like the sequenced tracks. The compositions have a nice open, airy, uncluttered feel to them. Something I always struggle with... The only thing I did not like was the clicky sound in Defending Compliance that starts at about 29 secs in.

I took a quick scroll through your instagram, your images are beautiful.
whinger
tonymasiello wrote:
The only thing I did not like was the clicky sound in Defending Compliance that starts at about 29 secs in.

Ha, my wife calls those the "cockroach drums" and she hates them as well. I know what you mean, it itches at the back of your skull a little too much. But thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it. And thanks about Instagram. When I had an office job, I was pretty unhappy and started doing photography to offset my creative frustration.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1