MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The One Hundreds - Buchla 100 clones by zthee
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author The One Hundreds - Buchla 100 clones by zthee
sempervirent
Didn't see a thread about this yet: http://theonehundreds.com

The next big project from zthee (who no longer seems to post here) of TTSH and Serge TKB/73-75 fame.

There's a thread about the project (in Swedish) on 99musik.se which has a lot of good photos:
http://www.99musik.se/showthread.php?333095-Buchla-100

Check his Soundcloud and YouTube channel for some audio/video previews:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/info-1822/the-hundreds[/s]

papz
Looks very nice.

But I still have to build his 73/75 first, too many unfinished or not beginned projects ! d'oh!
pre55ure
Wow, cool!
Any idea if he plans to make these available as DIY projects?

On another note - I wonder if he has had more luck getting the 191 working then I have. Dead Banana
Peake
I'd sort of made the 100 Series my project since no one else was interested in them and they again deserved to see the light of day. Although of course they're not mine and I don't claim any right to them, I suppose as I never made a clear business out of cloning them I can't complain. Pre55ure as well, do what you can with your stuff.

Congrats Zthee!
cygmu
pre55ure wrote:

On another note - I wonder if he has had more luck getting the 191 working then I have. Dead Banana

He was struggling with it a bit according to some posts somewhere which I can no longer find.
lasesentaysiete
pre55ure wrote:
Wow, cool!
Any idea if he plans to make these available as DIY projects?

I asked him a few months ago. He said his goal was to make it happen, but that there was still much work to be done, and that a lot of things would have to go right first.

Fingers crossed, though hyper
Synesthesia
he got the 191 working wink
ym2612
Awesome! This is fun! This is fun! This is fun!

That 112 - do want!
delayed
Looks great.
pickleinn
Sweet
boops
I love the Davies knob ,hope the panel will be well finished .
Great project .Bravo
ClausF
Cool nanners
efexor
SlayerBadger!
n.d
You have my full support.
cygmu
sempervirent wrote:
Didn't see a thread about this yet: http://theonehundreds.com

The site seems to have been updated in a negative way -- even the splash page has now been removed and all that's there is the default Wordpress start page. In Swedish, of course. Not sure what this might mean.
sempervirent
I'd say that a fresh WP installation is a good sign. The date of the default WP post (which is created automatically when you install WP) is March 1st 2018. Before there was just a single HTML page.

Hej världen!
Peake
I wish Zthee all the best in this endeavour and would be happy to do builds for any who want these but do not DIY.
pelang
hit refresh
http://theonehundreds.com
pickleinn
pelang wrote:
hit refresh
http://theonehundreds.com

it says nothing will be made available to the general public waah
Peake
:( Hope he changes his mind
APETECHNOLOGY
if he is not going to sell them,
it would be nice if Zhee would share the the information he gathered, and the files.
like Peake did!
djs
Maybe he could release the designs so that someone else could make them, like the roman 200 clones?
numan7
i would certainly be interested in obtaining some of zthee's fine re-creations for the 100 series section in my system, should they ever see the public light of day. i wonder how some of the more esooteric ones (e.g. models 172 and 176) sound in a patch.

at any rate, the one hundreds website as an infomration archive seems like a cool idea to me. we're not worthy

cheers
fluxmonkey
i put together a site like this one but never got around to publishing it... glad for Zthee's labor of love
reverberation

Fresh pics from today. Tomorrow, there will be some music and sounds coming from this here in Stockholm. We're doing a modular day/night here. Whop whop!
ym2612
love love love

I detect a consistent aesthetic theme.
numan7
reverberation wrote:

Fresh pics from today. Tomorrow, there will be some music and sounds coming from this here in Stockholm. We're doing a modular day/night here. Whop whop!

fantastisk! we're not worthy

cheers
tobb
not bad!,just needs another cabinet
djangosfire
BEAUTIFUL!!!

reverberation wrote:

Peake
Holy Bamoley eek!
mritenburg
Why would he go to all that trouble and not make kits available?
cygmu
I think it is hard to underestimate the effort needed to take a set of circuit boards you’ve managed to get working for yourself to the point where you could reasonably sell them as a finished product.
papz
Quote:

Because Buchla is now Buchla USA ? lol
pickleinn
man, that system looks amazing!
lud
Looks absolutely incredible! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Oldstench
Holy moly!
synchromesh
cygmu wrote:
I think it is hard to underestimate the effort needed to take a set of circuit boards you’ve managed to get working for yourself to the point where you could reasonably sell them as a finished product.

I think you mean overestimate, but I see your point. OTOH, this isn't Jon's first rodeo by any means - I'm pretty sure he of all people could design modules for DIY assembly off the bat if he put his mind to it. And those panels don't look like slapped-together prototypes, either.

OTOOH, with Buchla USA making their presence felt in the Buchla clone space I could understand why Jon might want to play his cards a bit closer to his chest, if only to test the waters first. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Awesome work, though. Very interested to see where this goes, whether he releases any hardware or not.
mritenburg
papz wrote:
Quote:

Because Buchla is now Buchla USA ? :lol:

I wish Buchla USA all the luck, but everyone knows the history of the 100 series, right?
sascha.victoria
Nothing about the Buchla 100 is owned by Buchla USA.
cygmu
synchromesh wrote:
cygmu wrote:

I think you mean overestimate, but I see your point. OTOH, this isn't Jon's first rodeo by any means - I'm pretty sure he of all people could design modules for DIY assembly off the bat if he put his mind to it. And those panels don't look like slapped-together prototypes, either.

Haha, of course I mean "overestimate". Weird -- that read strangely to me as I typed it and then my brain just gave up. Sorry about that! (Well, I am the one who looks silly of course.)

I am absolutely sure that zthee would be capable of bringing those circuits to market quality if he wanted to, as you say, but he has evidently decided not to. It may simply be that the boards as he currently has them are further from ready and a bit more dicey in operation than he'd like for a project like that.

I sort of hope he changes his mind, and I *really* hope it has nothing to do with Buchla USA. The fallout from the JMLS project still doesn't really make sense.
papz
My post was pure irony, not an information (hence the lol icon and ?), it seems good to mention it before more pointless speculations occur.
syncretism
mritenburg wrote:
papz wrote:
Quote:

Because Buchla is now Buchla USA ? lol

I wish Buchla USA all the luck, but everyone knows the history of the 100 series, right?

I kinda don't; in a video interview, Cortini referred to the CBS/100 series as a "debacle (iirc)," but I can only guess why. If you have a link or some boilerplate, I'd be grateful for some clarification!
tobb
sascha.victoria wrote:

Indeed,Roman planned years ago to make an arrangement with CBS to release back officially the whole 100 range but didn't happen..so far.
mritenburg
tobb wrote:
sascha.victoria wrote:

Indeed,Roman planned years ago to make an arrangement with CBS to release back officially the whole 100 range but didn't happen..so far.

The fact that CBS Instruments hasn't existed since the late 1980's would make that difficult. I believe Fender now owns the rights to the 100 series having been CBS Instruments parent company. Perhaps Buchla USA purchased the rights to the 100 series back from Fender?
sascha.victoria
tobb wrote:
sascha.victoria wrote:

CBS doesn’t own the 100. It is owned by someone else. Not my place to name names.
synchromesh
cygmu wrote:
The fallout from the JMLS project still doesn't really make sense.

Yes, that's mainly what I was referring to... It's somewhat frustrating to know these (presumably) lovely cleaned up and/or reworked boards are out there but might never see a wider audience. We'll see! It's not like my backlog isn't already enormous.
reverberation
I got to try the Zthee 100 yesterday and I (of course) really loved it.
Sounds and looks beautiful.

He said he has no plans for kits or anything like that. He made it for his own enjoyment.

Apparently he will sell it if the price is right This is fun!
jsheaucsb
This looks absolutely stunning!!!! Can’t wait to hear examples
Corrupt
fluxmonkey
cygmu wrote:
I think it is hard to overestimate the effort needed to take a set of circuit boards you’ve managed to get working for yourself to the point where you could reasonably sell them as a finished product.

particularly if these are true clones, sourcing the unobtainium parts. took me a long time to get hold of some of the silicon for my one-offs
wired
Looks and sounds fantastic.
paranoidmoonduck
Really lovely recreation. Love the sound.
mfkzt
This must be why the 73-75 panels got delayed. Quite a distraction! lol

In all seriousness, a very nice looking system. Perhaps this would have been the outcome if Stanley Kubrick were asked to design the original 100 systems. Very Clockwork Orange in terms of looks. Sounds gorgeous too.

Damn shame they'll never see production!
Corrupt
Peake
SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo SlayerBadger!
DomMorley
eek!

love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 3