MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla Easel expansions with eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla Easel expansions with eurorack
mutierend
There are some great threads about expanding the Buchla Easel, with the most common suggestion being a 4-space boat with 267e, 259e, 281e, and 292e (with some variation).

On the other side of the coin, there's the Synovatron CVGT1 for eurorack. I'm curious about this. If you use the CVGT1, what does your setup look like? Are you using the euro equivalent of Buchla (e.g., Sputnik, Make Noise, etc) or something entirely different?
Novateer
mutierend wrote:
There are some great threads about expanding the Buchla Easel, with the most common suggestion being a 4-space boat with 267e, 259e, 281e, and 292e (with some variation).

On the other side of the coin, there's the Synovatron CVGT1 for eurorack. I'm curious about this. If you use the CVGT1, what does your setup look like? Are you using the euro equivalent of Buchla (e.g., Sputnik, Make Noise, etc) or something entirely different?

Hi i use the CVGT1 mainly to synchronize the easel to the eurorack system. And i use what ever eurorackmodule i like to to. It’s up to your imagination. On soundcloud i posted a song where the easel is synced to the eurorack.
https://soundcloud.com/leon-van-der-sangen/in-the-end-everything-becom es-mild

pyjamarama
I love blending the two systems using the CVGT1. it opens up a route to more complex modulation of the easel from euro not to mention sequencing and audio processing back the other way.

personally I find the strength lies in diversity between the two. allowing for broader applications for both when combined. so I tend to avoid buchla inspired euro modules unless they shine particularly brightly in their own right. like much of the verbos stuff tends to do for instance.

@novateer I'd be interested to know which easel input you typically send clock to from euro/CVGT1

I swapped out the keyboard on my easel for other modules but find I get interesting results clocking longer measures direct to the pulser.
Novateer
pyjamarama wrote:
I love blending the two systems using the CVGT1. it opens up a route to more complex modulation of the easel from euro not to mention sequencing and audio processing back the other way.

personally I find the strength lies in diversity between the two. allowing for broader applications for both when combined. so I tend to avoid buchla inspired euro modules unless they shine particularly brightly in their own right. like much of the verbos stuff tends to do for instance.

@novateer I'd be interested to know which easel input you typically send clock to from euro/CVGT1

I swapped out the keyboard on my easel for other modules but find I get interesting results clocking longer measures direct to the pulser.

i use the 208 toolbox (and made the optional pulsar pulse in, sequncer pulse in and envelope pulse in). http://www.portabellabz.be/toolbox.html

Before the toolbox i used just a cable with only solderd a 120K resistor to the core of the wire. And put the other end of the resistor in one of the trigger holes of the easel card (unsoldered). Its premitive but it works.
vgermuse
Hee are two iterations of my Synthrotek lunchbox with 4x diy banana-mini jack converters in the upper righthand corner. This way I can use both CV and audio . . .

With Easel

And finally a more recent iteration:
gddfp
I use something else. cool

_Guy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1