MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

73-75 Homebuilt Serge: January 1st Adventures
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 73-75 Homebuilt Serge: January 1st Adventures
dbernhardt58

73-75 Homebuilt Serge
Adventures - Jan 1st, 2018
Patch development

0:00 Percussion fun: Pos. Slew x 2 + EG x 2 (2:15)

2:15 Melodic Phrases: Pos. Slew pulse; width mod by Neg. Slew; EG wave into Pos. Slew for pitch CV (2:23)

4:37 Melodic Phrases 2, same patch (2:15)

6:52 Melodic Phrases 3 (starts as a bassoon tone; trills and yodeling in the middle; space station test tones; emulation of Eric Dolphy riffs, then into repeating sequence): Pos. Slew pulse; width mod by Neg. Slew; 2x EG into Dual Processor, interacting to create more complex pitch CV (7:16)

14:08 Melodic Phrases 4: same patch as #4, except Pos. Slew #2's pulse outs (pos. & neg.) to Hold of each EG. I only found a few sweet spots, and pretty much wiggled right out of them before they settled down - sorry about that. I think there's more to find in this patch (3:38)

Disclaimers:

I have no particular qualifications to make these demos. I'm just learning, and seeing how one can work within the limitations of the instrument without external modules. I'm sure the 73-75 Homebuilt Serge is capable of much, much more. Can't wait to hear how it sounds at the hands of a master (who has patience, as well as skill - I move on to the next patch too fast).

I have extremely low production values. I apologize to those who would like titles, or space between splices. Any decent person would take the extra steps, and many others have. I have an explanation, but really there's no excuse.
lud
Nice job on the build and videos - great to see these working and out in the wild.
Was it difficult assembling them? They're great value for money!
Peake
Nice system, happy exploring!
djangosfire
Thank you for sharing the sounds and exploration - VERY cool!! SlayerBadger!
sanders
So, sending the Env into the Positive Slew around 4:00 makes those repeating staircase patterns? That's fantastic!
pickleinn
My boards are on their way and i am looking forward to putting them together. looks like a great project and very clean!
dbernhardt58
lud wrote:
Nice job on the build and videos - great to see these working and out in the wild.
Was it difficult assembling them? They're great value for money!

The build was by oldenjon, I don't have time or expertise to get through i. At this point in life I need the time for patching and exploring, it's in very short supply!

If you're building this system, don't forget to add a spare grounding banana jack on the metal case in a place or two (maybe it's more complicated than that, I don't know). We didn't do that for my rig; if we had, I could run a spare banana cable from the R*S Power Supply (that powers my other panels) to the Homebuilt to take care of the grounding hum. The only way I have right now to get rid of the grounding hum is to run a 3.5 mm cable from the format jumbler on the Homebuilt to the format jumbler on the other panels.
Vsyevolod
sanders wrote:
So, sending the Env into the Positive Slew around 4:00 makes those repeating staircase patterns? That's fantastic!

Yes, he's using the Positive Slew as a sub-harmonic generator throughout.

Stephen

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1