MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH1 MIDI time sync with Ableton
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH1 MIDI time sync with Ableton
VintageTravler
Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible for the FH-1 Fader Host to: a) act as the master clock to Ableton based on an incoming clock signal from the synth? and b) when needed, let Ableton be the master clock for the FH-1 Fader Host?

My goal is simply this:
1) There are times when I’m recording a number of channels of audio into Ableton from my synth. As I change the clock on the synth, I’d like the MIDI time to reflect a change in Ableton so it follows the time change. That way, I can record an accurate replay with the clock change.

2) Once I do that, I’d like to be able have Ableton play back what was recorded so that I can have it replay the set as it was previously back into the synth for other processing.

Is this something the FH-1 fader host can do?

Thanks,
Brett
VintageTravler
Hey All,

I was thinking a bit more about this tonight... and something occurred to me... if I used Max4Live to sync the MIDI clock (in either direction) it could directly read (or write) the Ableton BPM... so maybe that would be one way to handle it... I guess the only other thing where this may be an issue is... can I have more than one MIDI device talk to the FH1 fader host??? (My assumption is yes, especially if I use ports on the IConnect2 (or move up to an IConnect4) I should be able to do this...

Does that sound reasonable to folks?

Thanks,
Brett
os
VintageTravler wrote:
I was wondering if it is possible for the FH-1 Fader Host to: a) act as the master clock to Ableton based on an incoming clock signal from the synth? and b) when needed, let Ableton be the master clock for the FH-1 Fader Host?

Yes to both.
VintageTravler
os wrote:
Yes to both.

Here is what I've tried to setup:
1) Ableton has the IConnectMIDI2+ set to sync, sending Song, at 0ms delay
2) FH-1 is set to receive MIDI (D2 = 0)
3) MIDI Clock Divisor is 12 (D1 = 12)

What I don't see (not sure how to get) now is a clock output from the FH-1.
I had made an assumption it would be on X or Y... but that does not seem to be the case... Do I just enable the PPM mode then to get a clock pulse out?
os
To get a clock you set up a tempo-synced square LFO on one of the outputs.

This is detailed in a number of posts on this forum.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1