MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any More Demos of The Hellfire?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author Any More Demos of The Hellfire?
killmesara
Im looking for demos of the Metasonix Hellfire in use with as many sources, or signals being sent to it as possible. I picked one of them up from a now defunct industrial band for $10!!!!! It works and Im only scratching the surface of what it can do with audio signals im sending to it. I haven't seen many demos online except a bandcamp link https://daikonshield.bandcamp.com/album/hellfire-vultures link from Daikon Shield I found in the forums here that make the thing sound like the TITS.

I know they are out of production and the Schematics are available online but I want to see how crazy this thing can get when its paired with gear I might not have right now, but may buy just to run it into this thing.
Yes Powder
Wait, you picked up a TS-21 for $10!?
Forumcat #1
Pics or it didn't happen!
ritchiedrums
$10?????
metasonix
We made a demo CD back in 2000, I cannot remember if any copies exist and don't remember where the original files went.

$10 is major stupidity--or a warning. Chances are it was "modified" by someone who didn't know what he was doing, that's the usual reason for selling a TS for $10. If it works okay you're very lucky. Usually working TSes sell for $300-600.
killmesara
Yes Powder wrote:
Wait, you picked up a TS-21 for $10!?
Forumcat #1
Pics or it didn't happen!

I will post pics as soon as I get it back in its chassis. Going through it, testing tubes and caps, the power cord was ripped off so I need to replace that and the front faceplate was spray painted with camoflague stencils like "Zero Cool's" laptop from hackers.
metasonix
killmesara wrote:
and the front faceplate was spray painted with camoflague stencils like "Zero Cool's" laptop from hackers.

Now I've heard everything.....
synchromesh
killmesara wrote:
and the front faceplate was spray painted with camoflague stencils like "Zero Cool's" laptop from hackers.

*Definitely* pics! SlayerBadger! Both "before" and "after"...

A while ago I bought valves for all the circuits on Ken Stone's site - and one day I'll build them all! (Or at least the TS-21, TS-22 and TS-23.)
Kent
metasonix wrote:
We made a demo CD back in 2000, I cannot remember if any copies exist and don't remember where the original files went.

$10 is major stupidity--or a warning. Chances are it was "modified" by someone who didn't know what he was doing, that's the usual reason for selling a TS for $10. If it works okay you're very lucky. Usually working TSes sell for $300-600.

Actually, much much more!
bcomnes
umm here is a ts-21 clone sample all by itself

[s]http://soundcloud.com/baghead/ts21-alone[/s]

Be sure to use stereo headphones the TS21 is mono in and stereo out, the secret sauce is the dual plate tube that sends the audio between the the two plates, each with its own channel all the while beating the shit out of the wave form

and this is the clone built I built based on Eric's schematic

TS21 clone

and then there is this Norcal Noisefest set where the TS21 is a key player although not the only thing going on. see this, of I reach for the purple backed box to my right, that's the TS21 doing its thing..

bcomnes
oh and FWIW , I think there were only 22 or so TS-21s ever built so you got a pretty rare piece......

and FYI Tumor Refilled Halo is an anagram of Hellfire Modulator
Moog$FooL$
so.... u say "based" on. does this mean, loosely?? or an exact copy of that schematic??

did u have any particular issues with the build?? was it fairly straight fwd.?

d.

thumbs up
xthrasherx
Kent wrote:
metasonix wrote:

Actually, much much more!

Indeed Dead Banana
Kent
https://soundcloud.com/gen-xtargetmarket/ts21breathes

[s]https://soundcloud.com/gen-xtargetmarket/ts21breathes[/s]

I recorded this after reviving the TS-21 that I purchased.
bcomnes
Quote:

so.... u say "based" on. does this mean, loosely?? or an exact copy of that schematic??

did u have any particular issues with the build?? was it fairly straight fwd.?

Well Eric provided the schematic. I built it in an old bench tester chassis as exactly as I could using terminal strips and point to point wiring. If I did it again I wold have used a slightly bigger chassis as it is a bit tight in there.

It wasn't hard but then I'm not a beginner. Also today I'm not sure you can get 2AMP versions of the power transformers, although I'm guessing that 1 AMPs might be enough.

After building it I had to get an hour of Eric's bench time to get it all working correctly. He gave me an F for soldering skills - sigh - but he did like the colors.

The schematic is here TS-21 Schematic

Eric suggested I eliminate the Range switch as not being all that useful.
Yes Powder
[quote="bcomnes"]
Quote:

It wasn't hard but then I'm not a beginner. Also today I'm not sure you can get 2AMP versions of the power transformers, although I'm guessing that 1 AMPs might be enough.

What if you tried to run two 1A transformers in parallel?
metasonix
Yes Powder wrote:
What if you tried to run two 1A transformers in parallel?

Don't do that. Please. 2-amp trans are readily available. PM me if you can't find them.
Moog$FooL$
hey. thatnx for the reply & info.
perhaps i'll look into a build of some sort.
bcomnes
Eric's two tranny solution for a power supply yields a low voltage (6 volts) high current heater voltage from one half of T1 and the other half goes to T2 which reverses the 6 volts back to higher plate voltages in an elegant, compact and great solution eliminating the need for expensive, heavy big all in one power transformers like those found in many guitar amps.....

For a DIY TS-21 clone saga see this http://www.subatomicglue.com/helll0g/

It's basically a multi-year journal of his attempt to build a beautiful clone, not sure if he ever finished it....humble brag, I was the Dorkbot presenter in Chicago he referred to.

Cosmetically it was way cool [/img]

Moog$FooL$
hey. thanx for the link.

wow! he really went all in on the panel. eek!
metasonix
bcomnes wrote:
For a DIY TS-21 clone saga see this http://www.subatomicglue.com/helll0g/

Offered to help him make it work--never heard back. seriously, i just don't get it
xthrasherx
This arrived

applause
Robscorch
Can't say I'm not jealous... beautiful piece of kit. screaming goo yo
metasonix
xthrasherx wrote:
This arrived
applause

HANG ONTO IT. We aren't going to reissue it and only 38 were made.
xthrasherx
This lovely device is going nowhere. Wish I could find the TS-22 as well MY ASS IS BLEEDING

For now I'm enjoying running anything I can through the TS-21 and have the D-2000 next on the "big ticket" item list.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1