MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

223e matte finish restoration
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 223e matte finish restoration
Selador
Hi all, the matte finish of my 223e pads are coming off, revealing the less-forgiving shiny plastic underneath.

It's not terrible yet, but I hate that my instrument is now telling me to ration how much I play it, or abstain entirely. Is there any way to restore that finish on my own, or should I accept this as the natural progression of things?

Thanks! Chugging Beers
captnapalm
Selador wrote:
Hi all, the matte finish of my 223e pads are coming off, revealing the less-forgiving shiny plastic underneath.

It's not terrible yet, but I hate that my instrument is now telling me to ration how much I play it, or abstain entirely. Is there any way to restore that finish on my own, or should I accept this as the natural progression of things?

Thanks! Chugging Beers

You might want to confirm with Drillionaire, but I'd assume you could just do a light sand with very fine sandpaper (say 1200 grit) and then coat it with a matte clear coat. A catalyzed automotive finish would be the most durable.
Drillionaire
I would be wary of adding any sort of finish on top of the 223e sticker as it could affect the capacitive response of the keys.
Count Zero Interrupt
Yes I’ve noticed this happening to a couple of my pads too and mine isn’t that old... is there a fix for this?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1