MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My euro is now worth 2X as much as my car. Am I alone?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author My euro is now worth 2X as much as my car. Am I alone?
Mashmore
SlayerBadger! I drive an 04 Taurus and rock a modular setup that costs twice as much. am i Alone?

Thanks to a few tax checks, Affirm,Reverb and MuFFS amazing BST i have 6u of euro. I have never made much money but with Affirm loans, Proper budgeting and still keeping my girlfriend happy. I have managed to make my dream a reality! I dove in head first and regret nothing. Bought my case about 14 months ago and the rest is history.

My personal advice: I am proof you can start a modular system on 25-30k income a year. Just buy a case and a couple modules. If it fits with you... you will know.

This post went more detailed than originally expected haha.

If I remember i will take a pic of my car and then my modular lol... one is way more sexy than the other.

I will say that the ford has a 5 star safety rating. wink
pre55ure
In my case, the two crossed a long time ago, and the modular keeps going up (well I keep buying stuff) and the car keeps going down. So yeah. I try not to put numbers on it. But definitely.
racooniac
i dont think you are alone wink

since i dont need/own a car, i do not ask myself that question screaming goo yo

you could buy/build a decent half-diy 104hp rack out of what a 12 year olds phone costs nowadays so .... priorities =)
MarcelP
Yep, 2:1 seems about right...and increasing as the car depreciates. I also have a fair idea which one is most likely to kill me.

racooniac
lol marcel your picture gave my illusion i could stop earlier as you did a slight dent *concentration intesifies* .... nah i wont need that much ... nobody neeeeeds that much .... help
Joe.
It's worth 3x the value of my bike... but i ride a pretty tiny bike hihi

Mashmore
MarcelP wrote:
Yep, 2:1 seems about right...and increasing as the car depreciates. I also have a fair idea which one is most likely to kill me.

Fantastic!
wsy
More like 5X for me, but my truck is so beat that.....

"My truck got a slow leak in a tire, and the insurance company totalled the truck"

"Filling the tank with gas makes it worth twice as much!"

"If I sold the battery and the car separately, I'd make more money than selling them together!"

- Bill
acgenerator
I recently bought a new car which raises the ratio to 5:3 in favor of the modular... Prior to the vehicular upgrade, it was close to 20:1.

Maybe a better measurement is Net_Income:Modular hihi
sexslut
Lol, mine is worth 30x my truck... but my truck was $200.
loydb
I'm at 2x or 3x on a 2010 CR-V.
DSC
It's 1:1 for me IF you include both hihi

Joe.
wsy wrote:

Best thing about a tiny commuter bike, to fill it up costs about the same as a 2x Stackables w00t
oinkbanana
moremagic
wsy wrote:
More like 5X for me, but my truck is so beat that.....

"My truck got a slow leak in a tire, and the insurance company totalled the truck"

"If I sold the battery and the car separately, I'd make more money than selling them together!"

- Bill
Dcramer
Buy a new car! Miley Cyrus
Sinamsis
Ha until last year I was driving an '05 Civic hatchback. My modular was way more than twice that. A guy in a Porsche floored it out of a parking spot in reverse without looking and T boned me as I was parking two spots down. Destroyed my driver's side door and frame to the point that every time it rained, it would leak and inevitably the seat and my should would get wet. Ha, I kept driving it and didn't file a claim because he's a referring doctor and good friends with my partner. It took my wife getting pregnant to force me to buy a new car. I got an Mercedes AMG GLC43 and cut my modular in half. So now the modular is a fraction of what my car costs. That said, if you compare it to the entire studio, I think it's closer to a 1:1 ratio.
Mashmore
applause Glad to see I’m not alone. Shit, after seeing a couple of these posts I feel like I should have attached my resume with this thread. WILLING TO RELOCATE! hihi Rockin' Banana!
skyshaver
I only have space for 6U and it's almost all Doepfer so it may actually be worth less than my '08 VW Golf, though at this point they're pretty close. I have a pedal steel guitar that's worth more than my car though.

Rockin' Banana!
Pighood
Make some popcorn....this is gonna be a loooooooooong thread eek!
uniquepersonno2
I will say... In terms of depreciation in value compared with use, modular comes out WAY ahead. Especially if you're careful and you're buying used, you can get close to 1:1 what you payed for your synths if you decide to sell. Can't say the same about most cars!
Just think of it as an investment applause

(This is mostly just me making excuses for myself to buy a Piston Honda tomorrow.)
starthief
Nah, 3 year old Prius C, and I'm happy with 15U of Euro.
amop
I live in Sweden and I don’t have a car! hihi but yeah the system is worth about as much as a basic something car. Some of it is Cwejman though which, as far as I can tell, appreciates in value, so better than a car. It's peanut butter jelly time!
JohnLRice
I don't have tons of eurorack, so it's about a 1:1 comparison for me. 5U on the other hand . . . . eek! . . . more like closer to 4:1. I guess combined that's 5:1? help
gonkulator
2017 Audi A3 e-tron, so they are approaching 1:1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4