MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My euro is now worth 2X as much as my car. Am I alone?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author My euro is now worth 2X as much as my car. Am I alone?
Multi Grooves
LoFi Junglist wrote:
x2mirko wrote:
I don't have a car. My Eurorack is worth about 17x as much as my bicycle though. applause

17x? reduce that to ZERO by merging them both! w00t

Quelle surprise....it's East London....
confused
Parnelli
'05 Jeep Wrangler Rocky Mountain Edition with 145,000 miles; I just looked it up because I thought my modular was worth more and they're going for a good bit more than what I have into the modular; I can't believe they're selling 12 year old jeeps for what they're getting.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend a couple thousand more to make the cut... now where's that damned card!
kbrush
modular is struggling to keep up
Huba-Swift
Sos_b0ss wrote:
See as a little guy who just turned 20 and sitting with maybe $4k of gear.. and getting into the eurorack world.. i can feel the blackhole in my wallet getting denser after spending 5 minutes scrolling through this thread LMAO.. help Dead Banana
hihi lol I'm a 17 year old guy with ~$10k worth of gear. I haven't even bought a car yet, don't even want to think what that will look like in the future. Dead Banana
tuj
Have always owned more $-worth of gear than $-worth of cars. Sorry for the big pics.

tuj
Huba-Swift wrote:
I'm a 17 year old guy with ~$10k worth of gear. I haven't even bought a car yet, don't even want to think what that will look like in the future. Dead Banana

I remember those days. I probably had a similar amount of gear when I was 17. I worked 2 jobs all through HS to pay for synths/mixer/sampler/fx, etc.

You've got a great future ahead.
MarcelP
Ooh nice - are those Endorphine.es or Metasonix brakes?

kbrush wrote:

kbrush
MarcelP wrote:

kbrush wrote:

good eye, had them fabricated from Macbeth Elements keyboards
pre55ure
Huba-Swift wrote:
Sos_b0ss wrote:
See as a little guy who just turned 20 and sitting with maybe $4k of gear.. and getting into the eurorack world.. i can feel the blackhole in my wallet getting denser after spending 5 minutes scrolling through this thread LMAO.. help Dead Banana
hihi lol I'm a 17 year old guy with ~$10k worth of gear. I haven't even bought a car yet, don't even want to think what that will look like in the future. Dead Banana

Dead Banana
Indeed.

I at least have the excuse that all the modular (+ other stuff) I have now is in response to all the synths that I couldn't afford from age 15 - 30.
MarcelP
kbrush wrote:
MarcelP wrote:

kbrush wrote:

good eye, had them fabricated from Macbeth Elements keyboards

hihi I hope they are better at stopping a high velocity vehicle than they might be at having a high velocity Chopin Etude played on them!
FatKingTubby
richc90 wrote:
cars?

Why they're how you get from your home synth to your work synth of course hihi

I'm at about 1:2 modular to car at the moment, but all this has me wondering if I should start considering synth insurance.
atmosplak
I had an s2000 before moving to NYC. Considering that, i'd be roughly 1:1 if I still had it. :(
Foghorn
My Euro rig has 10 times the hp as my car.

But my car has only 200 hp.

And the car only cost $5K
Wow, dollar per hp is pretty good. ($25 per)

Now my bike on the other hand* (hot 2 stroke) applause

Foghorn

*yea, the throttle hand. I just can't keep it from twisten.
And the hp per pound is quite exciting. (~75hp/252 lbs.)

EDIT: Weighed the bike, corrected the weight.....stock = 368 lbs.
worra
My euro is easily worth double what my car is worth. It's all about what you get your enjoyment from. I think most of us here have that more or less figured out.
createsounds
:disclaimer- these statements are not to be taken sarcastically:

Some of you dudes & ‘ets have some nice ass cars.
You must be successful at something

applause
chysn
I just checked my car's Kelley Blue Book private seller value, and it's worth pretty much exactly the same as my Eurorack. My poor car.
Misk
createsounds wrote:
:disclaimer- these statements are not to be taken sarcastically:

Some of you dudes & ‘ets have some nice ass cars.
You must be successful at something

applause

yeah i was gonna say... damn!

i don't have a car anymore and it's a great excuse to get out of having to do things so I can stay at home with my modular!
bemushroomed
It's worth around 14x more than my e-bike hihi Can't afford to have a car really since i'm not working, i'd probably have one if i was.
Dcramer
Yeah my rack has really been growing in the last couple of years so I had to run out and buy a new car lol
cptnal
How much are cars? seriously, i just don't get it
Misk
cptnal wrote:
How much are cars? seriously, i just don't get it

are we taking money or in modules? I'm gonna guess they start at around 12u or so?
luchog
I drive a '96 Geo Metro. It paid $2500 when I got it, but since then I've put in a new engine and rebuilt transmission.

All told I have 13 modules on my current rack; but 5 of those are Metasonix. ModularGrid lists the current cost at $3,520, but I got three of my non-Metasonix modules used (Harvestman Polivoks VCF, Doepfer A-147 VCLFO, and Synthrotek 1U Stereop Output Mixer), so the cost was about a hundred less than that.
gonkulator
2disbetter wrote:
gonkulator wrote:
2017 Audi A3 e-tron, so they are approaching 1:1

I'm a huge Tesla fan, but always have liked Audis. The A3 is a really great design. How do you like the e-tron platform? I was dead set on getting a Tesla one day, but am really eye-balling the e-trons now.

My modular is worth each of the cars respectively give or so. Collectively it's 2.5ish to 1 in the favor of the cars.

Regardless I could easily downsize and am tempted to often so I don't feel bad. My computer is worth about double my modular.

2d

Sorry. missed this. I like it a lot. I had a reservation down on a Tesla Model X but backed out, which led to the A3 etron. Also, I just put a reservation down for the all electric etron.
jrhillma
My meager eurorack is nowhere near the value of my auto. It is, however, worth more than my beloved '86 K100RS. They both put a smile on my face, though for very different reasons.
Blairio
Most new cars lose around 60% of their value over three years.

Based on what I have sold modules for, new modules lose around 30% of their value over the same period.

Modules are a better place to put your money.

My basic Dacia hatchback bought new three years ago cost 2/3rds of my modular rig as it was then. Now it is worth around 1/3rd. Mind you, while my modular gives me a lot of pleasure and the odd additional income, my car has faithfully moved me, mountain bikes, kids, cat and instruments around without complaint. It is therefore the more useful.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4