MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

More stuff from Crow's Atelier: crOwBX -> crOwBX-A
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author More stuff from Crow's Atelier: crOwBX -> crOwBX-A
oldcrow
Heya folks,

With the return of certain chips courtesy of Alfa Rpar and Erica Synths, I can now make the crOwBX-A voice card. As with the crOwBX cards, these will be drop-in compatible for vintage machines but also able to be used with my 8-voice backplane. Right now it is a work in progress, but I should have boards to test before CNY hits. Guinness ftw!

--Crow

oldcrow
FYI yes I saw the Behringer UBXA thing. I'll believe it when I see it. cool This project is about making cards that work in vintage machines and for the general DIY wanderlust. SlayerBadger!
J3RK
oldcrow wrote:
FYI yes I saw the Behringer UBXA thing. I'll believe it when I see it. cool This project is about making cards that work in vintage machines and for the general DIY wanderlust. SlayerBadger!


applause
wavydave
Count me in! This is fun!

I already have two 8-voice OB-Xas (one is apart though), and I would like to do comparisons.
JanneI
Crow: So what are the actual differences between the original OB-X and OB-Xa voice cards? CEM3340 & CEM3320 instead of discrete components? Anything else?
tobb
thumbs up

(as drop-in for vintages it will be problematic due to the resonance of the AS3320!)
oldcrow
I will deal with that when I test the board. Changing the resonance control profile is not very hard for either filter. SlayerBadger!

tobb wrote:
thumbs up

(as drop-in for vintages it will be problematic due to the resonance of the AS3320!)
The Real MC
oldcrow wrote:
I will deal with that when I test the board. Changing the resonance control profile is not very hard for either filter. SlayerBadger!

tobb wrote:
thumbs up

(as drop-in for vintages it will be problematic due to the resonance of the AS3320!)


Just checked the schematics.

OBXa voicecard has some signals that are not TTL compatible thus it is not interchangeable with OBX.

I discovered this for the OBSX too. Telltale was the 7416 on the processor board.
oldcrow
Right, this card will have its own backplane, etc. It was not meant to work in a crowbx/OBX setup.

The Real MC wrote:
oldcrow wrote:
I will deal with that when I test the board. Changing the resonance control profile is not very hard for either filter. SlayerBadger!


Just checked the schematics.

OBXa voicecard has some signals that are not TTL compatible thus it is not interchangeable with OBX.

I discovered this for the OBSX too. Telltale was the 7416 on the processor board.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group