MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla mixing Audio and CV?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla mixing Audio and CV?
mousegarden
I'm used to Eurorack, but I'm taking delivery of my Easel today, and I'm wondering, seeing as audio and CV are kept seperate on a Buchla, is it possible to mix them up? and if I do will I damage anything? I know they are on different plugs and sockets, is this to stop people specifically from feeding one into the other?

hmmm.....
Leoespejo
To separate CV and Audio is a great thing INMHO because is the only way to keep audio quality using shilelded audio cables.

The only way to mix CV in Buchla world, as long as I know, is 256 or 257 (e). You could mix Audio and CV using a Tiny to Banana cable and mix in 256 without problems. But it depends of your goals.
mousegarden
Leoespejo wrote:
To separate CV and Audio is a great thing INMHO because is the only way to keep audio quality using shilelded audio cables.

The only way to mix CV in Buchla world, as long as I know, is 256 or 257 (e). You could mix Audio and CV using a Tiny to Banana cable and mix in 256 without problems. But it depends of your goals.

I was just curios, I'm not desperate to do this, just wondered if it was a no no.
numan7
why not just send the signals from your buchla to your eurorack system; do the mixing there; and then send them back to the buchla?

cheers
Drillionaire
The 208 is fine with the negative voltages present in an audio signal. The 218e and any other 200e modules could be damaged if you send an audio signal to a CV or pulse input banana.
mousegarden
Drillionaire wrote:
The 208 is fine with the negative voltages present in an audio signal. The 218e and any other 200e modules could be damaged if you send an audio signal to a CV or pulse input banana.

thumbs up
papz
Drillionaire wrote:
The 218e and any other 200e modules could be damaged if you send an audio signal to a CV or pulse input banana.

So I guess a negative CV sent to the 218e might also damage it ?
Can you please confirm and I'll add this to the ToolBox manual ?
Couldn't a diode added in series with the banana socket protect these inputs from accidental negative CV / audio patching ?
Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1