MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New 2018 Modules picture posted - What is it?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New 2018 Modules picture posted - What is it?
squarewavesurfer
Posted on the IME Facebook page:
[/img]
mt3
squarewavesurfer wrote:
Posted on the IME Facebook page:
[/img]

Looks like a Triportal SCSI Card Adapter Transmogrification with White Eunuch Ejection Button from first glance.
w00t
spaztikk
Piston Honda V3 ? Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd1A11Fhxsv/?taken-by=industrialmusicelect ronics
hawkfuzz
Think it's an update to the PH, which should be great.

That Andore is going to have people selling off the Double Andore MKII in masses which will be a great pickup for new users.
mt3
It has unison action. This would be a big update.
Infinity Curve
Sign me up
hyena
hawkfuzz wrote:
Think it's an update to the PH, which should be great.

That Andore is going to have people selling off the Double Andore MKII in masses which will be a great pickup for new users.

well, i don't think there will be too much of an overlap...with the double you got simultaneous control of two env\vca with a lot of crossmodulation options under your fingers. the andore, from what we know, is another great design but fairly different! (i for one am more interested in the double which i still don't have grin )
guestt
Great... but how about the 2017 modules be released first? BL anyone? Just sayin grin
mt3
mt3 wrote:
It has unison action. This would be a big update.

Saw you said Double Andore and I read it as Piston Honda.
d'oh!
uniquepersonno2
Feel slightly stupid having bought a PH mkii just this week... d'oh! Oh well. Perhaps this is something different.
coolshirtdotjpg
uniquepersonno2 wrote:
Feel slightly stupid having bought a PH mkii just this week... d'oh! Oh well. Perhaps this is something different.

He definitely mentioned PH MKIII on facebook, as a reply to a question regarding new modules, but it's been buried.

Honestly, I think my Honda is perfect and I have no desire to sell.
uniquepersonno2
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
uniquepersonno2 wrote:

He definitely mentioned PH MKIII on facebook, as a reply to a question regarding new modules, but it's been buried.

Damn.

Given that there's icons and info for the waveforms, I'm wondering if it's reading tables off an SD card or something. That would be super nice compared to the expander/eproms.
coolshirtdotjpg
uniquepersonno2 wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
uniquepersonno2 wrote:

Damn.

Given that there's icons and info for the waveforms, I'm wondering if it's reading tables off an SD card or something. That would be super nice compared to the expander/eproms.

That would make sense given the way a lot of the current wavetable modules are going. Would be a neat feature, but personally, between the waveforms on the PH MK2, Braids and the E330, there aren't many I'd like to add to my rig. It will definitely be a great module, but I doubt it will make me want to get rid of my MK2.
uniquepersonno2
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
uniquepersonno2 wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
uniquepersonno2 wrote:

Damn.

That would make sense given the way a lot of the current wavetable modules are going. Would be a neat feature, but personally, between the waveforms on the PH MK2, Braids and the E330, there aren't many I'd like to add to my rig. It will definitely be a great module, but I doubt it will make me want to get rid of my MK2.

I hope it complements as opposed to replaces. It always slightly annoys me when a module gets an upgrade that renders a past version obsolete. That's just me though, I would probably end up buying the new version either as a replacement or in addition to my MKII if it has a good feature set.
spaztikk
Edited to add text from FB

OMG Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus

I’m not going to NAMM because I’m busy with this:

The Piston Honda Mark III is a dual morphing wavetable oscillator with waveshaping audio inputs and unison detune. The three axis sliders create a waveform for each selected oscillator to play from the internal “cube” of 8x8x8 16-bit waveforms, morphed at full resolution in all three dimensions (the oscillators may each play a different waveform). The voltage-controlled preset manager stores a bank of these settings to be recalled at any time, with a virtual fourth dimension of morphing when the manager is in “continuous” mode. An orange 128x32 OLED display displays the current waveform for the selected oscillator in realtime, its frequency, and the selected preset and wave selection. The rotary encoder changes system settings on the display, but it’s not necessary to interact with the display menus for any performance purpose.

I’ve heard every user suggestion about the previous MKII generation and fully modernized the design, now operating as a dual oscillator in the same 17HP space. The infamous aggressive character of the Piston Honda is fully present, with the added clarity of the 16-bit wavetable engine. The second oscillator’s frequency controls can be slaved to the first. Each oscillator has its own unison detune function as well, for a maximum of four stacked oscillators sounding at once. The oscillator can alternatively run as a nonlinear waveshaper, processing a dedicated audio input through the selected wavetable with voltage-controlled drive. When running in its normal oscillator mode, this input instead provides thru-zero frequency modulation. Waveforms are selected from the internal memory of 8 collections: additive harmonic structures, harsh LFSR progressions, restored waveforms inspired by classic synthesizers, and some special content from my favorite modular artists. You can load user wave data (16-bit WAV format) using the front-panel microSD card slot.

Piston Honda Mk III will be available in April/May 2018. Price is TBA, but it won’t be that much more expensive than the Piston Honda MKII.

ABOUT THE MARK III SERIES:

The Industrial Music Electronics Mark III series features metal shaft potentiometers secured to the faceplate (on large knob controls), shrouded power header with reverse voltage protection, and a small OLED display for each module’s edit facility. A voltage-controlled preset manager provides morphing control between 8 active presets per bank. CV inputs on digital circuits respond to positive and negative voltages.
mt3
spaztikk wrote:
Edited to add text from FB

OMG Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus

Fukc. Extracted the important things...

* dual oscillator

* unison detune for a maximum of four stacked oscillators sounding at once

* a nonlinear waveshaper processes a dedicated audio input through the selected wavetable

* Waveforms are selected from the internal memory of 8 collections: additive harmonic structures, harsh LFSR progressions, restored waveforms inspired by classic synthesizers, and some special content from my favorite modular artists

* You can load user wave data (16-bit WAV format) using the front-panel microSD card slot

* available April/May 2018

* $500

The Harvestman The Harvestman The Harvestman The Harvestman The Harvestman
ether
metal shaft potentiometers secured to the faceplate

I’m so happy I could cry...
guestt
Wow - that's quite a jump up!

Not sure if I can justify the expense, and I am pretty darn happy with the mk][ but sheesh! Going to be hard to resist I guess smile
Tunatoboggan
Preset morphing!!!!!!!!

If the whole mkIII line has this, major game changer
dysonant
fuuuuuuuck! I hate eurorack. Dead Banana
yeatsvisitslincoln
I wonder why it's gone down from 16x16x16 to 8x8x8 in the wavetable cube. I realize space could be a concern. And yeah, 512 wavetables is nothing to sneeze at.

This also seems like it could replace parts of HD since its now a Dual Osc. I wouldn't really know since I don't have one, though...
guestt
Clearly the answer is to keep the mk][ and sit it alongside the new mk]|[ d'oh!
yeatsvisitslincoln
Well DUH! But really, this makes a combo of SH][, Argos Bleak, PH]|[, HD][ seem like a no brainer. IME is the only brand that I really consider having a whole system of.
StudentsOfTheFuture
Lmao I bought a PH2 last night, got home, saw this thread! I've wanted the module forever and I really like how it sounds but now I'm having second thoughts, should I try to exchange it? Does the 2 do anything the 3 doesn't?
ignatius
StudentsOfTheFuture wrote:
Lmao I bought a PH2 last night, got home, saw this thread! I've wanted the module forever and I really like how it sounds but now I'm having second thoughts, should I try to exchange it? Does the 2 do anything the 3 doesn't?

PH MK3 won't be out for a few months at least.

PHmk2 is awesome. really a great oscillator. does a lot. i'd keep it and in 2 or 3 or 4 months take a listen to the MK3 for yourself.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2