MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

R*S - 2 strange behaviours
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author R*S - 2 strange behaviours
arnoux
I have my beloved system sitting 3000 km from me now but I'm always thinking about it and planning to pick it asap.
In the meantime, if you own the Smooth/Stepped/Slope + Vari Q VCF/Stereo Mixer, are you able to replicete this 2 behaviors?

1. Right side of the Slope Generator stuck when plugged like this:

- plug a patch cable from the most right slope generator to anything eats CV from the white out banana
- mult that very same out with a patch cable to the PAN CV control of the STEREO MIXER
- set both fall and rise to 10/11 o'clock: it (sometimes) get stuck when you set rise slower than fall
To clarify I mean LONGER/SLOWER, say RISE at 10 o'clock and FALL at 11

2. Sample and hold do not sample:

when I use the left slope generator (CARNIVORE MODULE) with the STEPPED of the SSG in a sample and hold style patch, the red gate out from the slope do not "sample"

Thanks in advance for your time
the bad producer
Oh - I have just finished a La Bestia II and I have problem '2', was just looking here to see if anyone else did too.

It works with everything else, but not that left gate output.

EDIT - I should clarify, it does down to about 11 'o' clock, no slower
the bad producer
It's a feature not a bug apparently
syncretism
arnoux wrote:
2. Sample and hold do not sample:

when I use the left slope generator (CARNIVORE MODULE) with the STEPPED of the SSG in a sample and hold style patch, the red gate out from the slope do not "sample"

Thanks in advance for your time

I remember this now from the Creature. The behavior you're seeing stems from the VC Timegen Oscillator, not the SSG's sample input. At low speeds, it doesn't output a pulse - Rex has confirmed this, IIRC.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1