MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Boredbrain Patch Cables
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Boredbrain Patch Cables
soundshaper
Here's a new addition to the cable discussion. Your input is welcomed. We are also makers of the Patchulator. cool

”Boredbrain 3.5mm Patch Cables were designed with frequent patching in mind. The grippy and extra-flexible strain-relief makes pulling easy, yet the plug is still slim. The cable has a medium-sized diameter which is sturdy and easy to manage.

6 colors in 6 lengths up to 60-inches.
** Edit: Now 10 colors in 8 lengths. smile

www.boredbrainmusic.com

blacklight
These cables looks gorgeous, the white ones especially.
The big essential pack is also a good idea, is there a european distributor for these cables? (italian customs costs are super high because we have the worst postal system in the world)
soundshaper
blacklight wrote:
These cables looks gorgeous, the white ones especially.
The big essential pack is also a good idea, is there a european distributor for these cables? (italian customs costs are super high because we have the worst postal system in the world)

http://www.boredbrainmusic.com/where-to-buy/
skipcameron
Here's a video with the Patchulator that shows the cables pretty good

adderbrew
I just ordered the Essential Kit in white, these look nice!
recoveryeffects
Those are rad. Boredbrain finding something useful to do with those octagon Hammond enclosures and making an essential tool for Euro / pedal tweakers.
grep
Ordered 6 36” ones in white. Will order more if I like them.
I ordered a bunch of Nazca Noodles only to find out they were not for me.
insoul8
Nice! Just ordered the essential pack in white as well. They look great.
soundshaper
grep wrote:

What did you not like about the Noodles? Haven’t tried those.
defenestration
I like the look of these, but they don't have 18" ones? waah
soundshaper
defenestration wrote:

18-inch does seem like a useful length to have. Curious, what are you using in that length?

This from Instagram:
js213
I especially like that they aren't kinked (my only issues with Control's cables.)
Gexex
js213 wrote:
I especially like that they aren't kinked (my only issues with Control's cables.)

This was my issue as well, but Control's no longer arrive kinked.
grep
soundshaper wrote:
grep wrote:

They are very thin and rubbery. I do like how small the barrel is. This works well for dense patches.
soundshaper
grep wrote:
soundshaper wrote:
grep wrote:

They are very thin and rubbery. I do like how small the barrel is. This works well for dense patches.

I’ve always like rubberized TPE cables, but they have a lot more friction than smooth ones. So could be annoying in a web of cables. Thin cables however, can feel cheap and are damaged easily.
js213
Gexex wrote:
js213 wrote:

This was my issue as well, but Control's no longer arrive kinked.

Got some yesterday that were. And some I got a week or so ago. It's the ones that are 24" or longer (or so).
funny about the noodles. they are thin and rubbery. and i love them for it. they feel silky to my hands, and i have rough hands. and the tiny ass jacks are awesome.

my only gripe is the cost and lack options (color= rainbow, deal with it; length= 12" or 24", deal with it). :(
duplicate post
defenestration
soundshaper wrote:
defenestration wrote:

18-inch does seem like a useful length to have. Curious, what are you using in that length?

I have some Control cables in that length, as well as some modularaddict braided 18" cables

I find myself using 18" very frequently in both small and quite large euro systems. 2' is often too much cable, while 1' is often a bit too short. 18" is just shy of reaching corner to corner in a 2x84hp case - 2' cables are generally overkill for that fairly common use-case. 18" is also just about the perfect length to reach from the bottom of the bottom row of a 9U case to the top of the top row with just about enough slack to make sense
grep
Finally received my small order of white Boredbrain cables and they are lovely!
Immediately placed a larger order. Hope they get here a little quicker than the last ones.
risome
Nice design Miley Cyrus
soundshaper
grep wrote:
Finally received my small order of white Boredbrain cables and they are lovely!
Immediately place a larger order. Hope they get here a little quicker than the last ones.

Nice. So better than the Noodles, eh? Seems strange that some cables have almost no strain relief, so then what keeps the copper inside from perforating and eventually losing connection? Boredbrain cables have added strength in this department.
gonkulator
I ordered some, liked them so much I ordered more, and I am going to order even more. The cable feel reminds me the most of Stackables, they lay really nicely and hang with very little memory. They are a bit thicker than I find ideal, but I would rather have that than kinks. The head is longer than I prefer (I have been going more and more to Control's cables,) but these bored brain ones are too good. I wish they had gray, and a red that was less pink.
skipcameron
voidshell wrote:
Cwejman!

And another video featuring voidshell and his super cool garden box clone

soundshaper
gonkulator wrote:
I ordered some, liked them so much I ordered more, and I am going to order even more. The cable feel reminds me the most of Stackables, they lay really nicely and hang with very little memory. They are a bit thicker than I find ideal, but I would rather have that than kinks. The head is longer than I prefer (I have been going more and more to Control's cables,) but these bored brain ones are too good. I wish they had gray, and a red that was less pink.

Yes, definitely thicker diameter and more substantial than a lot of others, which is why they hang nicely and don’t get kinked. The plug is longer too, but for cables that get handled constantly, the the extra strain relief should significantly improve longevity.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4