MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What kind of music / sounds do you make ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]

What kind of music / sounds do you make ?
I do mostly blips, frrrzz, weeeeep, toing, dzz
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Techno / Minimal / Detroit / Acid
16%
 16%  [ 26 ]
Dubstep / Drum and bass / Jungle
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Dance music / Pop / Disco / House
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Goa Trance / Psytrance
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ambient / Downtempo / Chill-out
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Other
46%
 46%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 154

Author What kind of music / sounds do you make ?
denoise
It would interesting to know what kind of music or sounds do you mostly make.
Hi5
Techno. Bangers. Fuck. Minimal.
brandonlogic
i have no idea. i hate classifying music into genre's.
you can decide what kind of music i make, maybe a hint in all of the above... https://soundcloud.com/brandon-logic/sets/modular-sketchbook
gonkulator
Other: Not sure where they fit
GSE
Textural, melodic, lo-fi, rhythm in the 80-110 bpm is comfortable but sometimes faster. Downtempo chill I suppose.
pines
I do both kinds of music.... Country and Western.
cloudscapes
drones, atonal, electroacoustic, soft noise, so I guess other? I suspect a lot will choose that.

EDIT: yep
captjrab
Sound Collage
starthief
I picked "other" though some of it is ambient... but most of my ambient stuff is less "chillout" and more "paranoia about that weird blurry shadow over there."

Mostly I'll take "abstract electronica" as a catch-all category seriously, i just don't get it
whinger
I chose other as I don't know what genre my stuff falls under either. I would say somewhere in the Venn diagram of Soundtrack, Ambient and Distinctly Lacking Talent.
https://coreyholms.bandcamp.com
nrobin
somewhere between drone and house
cycad73
Other.

Semi-algorithmic minimalism with folk influences.

Someone might put it in the ambient category but I disagree, it's a totally different idea.

Anyway, these seem like 90's categories. That's fine, as there's no longer any historical time so everything can kind of coexist. One set is as good as any other.

But a lot of us got into synths and modular out of that scene. Some became disillusioned, as this was the revolution that did not take place.
PompeiiRuler
@pines , lol!!!! My favorite movie of all time.

Oh, yeah dark ambient and dark electro here
spacezignul
cloudscapes wrote:
drones, atonal, electroacoustic, soft noise, so I guess other? I suspect a lot will choose that.

EDIT: yep

this
cityz3n
Monotonical jazz inspired electro acoustic stuff.
plastilina
Other...
Drone, noise, horror theme...
Circus of Mind
psychedelic/glitch
GSE
pines wrote:

from Talladega Nights methinks, nice.
kwaidan
GSE wrote:
pines wrote:

from Talladega Nights methinks, nice.

Blues Brothers
soundslikejoe
I love that this poll has more than 50% of people choosing OTHER. Fuck genres. Fuck fashion-centric limitations.
cptnal
Sound + time = music. That's about as far as I go, classification wise. SlayerBadger!
Shledge
Nearly all of the above. I like making percussive, snappy sounds and really digging a lot of moving, rubbery basslines.
kindredlost
Basically anything with loads of reverb/delay so I can annoy the "dry purists". hihi

As I am the creator of dirt, I even make pseudo-retro-Berlin School electro, but mostly dark ambient drones and aleatoric or chance music.

I used to keep things pretty separate between the modular and other keyboards, guitars etc., but at times I use a blend to get that old-as-dirt Berlin School vibe. I use the modular as the prime instrument on 99.9% of everything.

I voted OTHER as well.
clusterchord
ambient/drone

psyhedelic/kraut/berlinschule

contemporary/chamber/post-impressionism/expressionism
tron23
cptnal wrote:
Sound + time = music. That's about as far as I go, classification wise. SlayerBadger!

Genres are so merged into each other nowadays anyways. But I have always liked the funk hand in hand with the robot's timing, maybe something contrary in nature but
i think it can be done. Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3