MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Chirper!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Chirper!
DickMarker
batchas wrote:

I wish friends would share here more videos or sound snippets made with their BugBrand gear.

I should have a record (tape/DL) out soon with a collaborator of mine who does spoken word which features mostly Bugbrand originated sounds. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'll definitely share it here when it's ready.
BananaPlug
chrisdermo wrote:
Excellent sounds as always BP! How do you deal with power distribution on these hybrid frames? (if there's already a post somewhere apologies)

That row with euro on the left and Chirper on the right has a 4hp Row30 PSU mounted on one end of the frame. The chirper just has a frac style (MTA156) plug hanging out. I have a Blacet PSU for that or if there's more frac stuff on the table I just plug into a 15V distro where I can find one.

All of my frames (even the euro) have a banana jack connected to ground. I use nice thick Ponoma cables to bring them all to one point. Often that's a LowGain format converter box.

Separate PSUs like the Blacet one I mentioned either get a banana jack mounted on them or I use a cable adapter of some kind.
Flexyflier
rowsbywoof wrote:
bmot wrote:
I got in on the recent batch, my chirper arrived today! So far I’ve been getting some awesome sounds from it as a stand alone device, but I need some help setting it up with my sequencer as I’m unfamiliar with banana plugs. I’ve got myself four 4mm banana cables and 1 screw connector in case I need to DIY a cable.

My aim is to sequence chirper with the social Entropy engine with cv expander. Can someone please advise, or post a link to the right cables I would need, and explain which parts of the chirper and Engine would connect to each other? I read about needing to use a ground, and don’t want to risk damaging anything.

I already got it to play the 2015 Weevil, it I don’t have any modular equipment I can use with it.

I had a Phenol,that was my banana plug experience,but going to order some cables from Tom
I also have a maknoise jumbler and one from Tony at Synovatron......Euro to banana.
http://synovatron.blogspot.com

You'll need to make a Y wire with a standard 1/8th connector on one end, and two banana cables on the other. Basically, this will be your grounding connection to set a common ground between the Chirper and Engine.

Here's a good video showing how to make various cables from the guy at Future Retro. You want to make the Buchla style cable.

Also, as your setup grows, you should think about investing in a Low-Gain UTL box. They are an interface point that you ground to your Bug systems, and then can patch through freely.

http://lowgain-audio.com/

You can find them at many online synth shops, or on eBay/Reverb for about $89.
bmot
A quick improv featuring the Chirper and a few other things. I put the output through the Lyra 8 audio input - quick question, when putting the audio output through the Lyra, the Chirper doesn’t require grounding to the Lyra does it? It’s grounded to the SE Engine already.

BugBrand
bmot wrote:
- quick question, when putting the audio output through the Lyra, the Chirper doesn’t require grounding to the Lyra does it? It’s grounded to the SE Engine already.

Are you taking the 1/4" out from the Chirper? If so you're fine.
(Briefy listen/watch to the vid = sounds good!)
deltaAquarii
if someone in CANADA is looking for a Chirper, i let mine go! pm me!

e: its gone.
T. Jervell
Well I guess it’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of the Chirper. Today I planned to use only the Chirper and the Radio Music together, but I ended up adding alot of other modules as well. BUT the Chirper was still the master clock and modulator of the patch. No sounds from the Chirper, but the direct out is modulating the filter of the DRM2, and osc 2 is providing clock to both DDSR and the Dual Clock module. The two Chirper Osc are crossmodulating each other making a sort of wonky rhythm at times. Made a quick and dirty video (as usual phone audio and not really a track or composition, just me fooling around, but again I was excited hihi
When I have time I’ll try to set up proper video and audio + and have some more interesting sounds, but for now I’ll just post my: «I love messing with my BugBrand modular, and I have to post a video sharing my excitement»-video cool

chrisdermo
Nice jams! Good rhythmic stuff coming out of that set up SlayerBadger!
shred
bmot and T. Jervell - very nice!! applause
batchas
T. Jervell wrote:
«I love messing with my BugBrand modular, and I have to post a video sharing my excitement»-video cool

T. Jervell
Yes it is quite the system!!! I’m very happy with it!
So happy that when the kids had visitors, I couldn’t help but too turn the system back on and make another patch, with the Chirper (again) as main player. In this patch the Chirpers voice is also heard, as well as modulation and clock duties. I even turn some knobs in this one.... progress cool
A bit more noisy and gritty this time....
This is just so much fun w00t nanners
phisynth
very nice vids we're not worthy
BananaPlug
Cuckold clock! I love the metallic timbres in these two vids.
And it goes without saying...
we're not worthy Chirper!
sungja
Cool noises! Love the spring tanker. Why Tom stopped making them is a mystery.
BananaPlug
Speaking of metallic textures (no tanker I'm afraid) here's a little ditty I call Chirps And Scrapes.
LISTEN

Rockin' Banana!
T. Jervell
Nice nanners
BananaPlug
I've been playing around with rhythmic stuff. Here's a fun experiment in which two Chirpers are making sub-audio rate plinks and each OSC1 is synced by a tap tempo LFO. Related LFOs and dividers are used for modulation.

Yes, I just tapped it once to set tempo and let the wonkyness of the patterns hide the creepage. Very rough, I just wanted to get something down to listen later. hihi

LISTEN (apologies to Gary Clail)

nanners
batchas
BananaPlug wrote:
Chirps And Scrapes.
LISTEN

Awesome SlayerBadger!
Sounds so good here in the dark.
batchas
T. Jervell wrote:
This is just so much fun w00t nanners

Fun indeed!!!!
T. Jervell
Sooo, I started playing around with my system a couple of days ago. The patch started out with the Chirper, DDSR, DD and the BBV as «main» players. As per usual real life intervened and I had to leave the patch. When I returned today I deceided to work a little more on it, and tweak it a little more. This is something I don’t normaly do, as I most often prefer to start from scratch everytime I sit down with the modular. The result is now something quite far away from where I started. As a result of this experience I’m gonna try to keep things patches up, still, and return to the patch you hear/see in the video below in a few days. If it’s still interesting I guess I’ll post the next evolution cool
lud
Lovely patch and sounds!
T. Jervell
lud wrote:
Lovely patch and sounds!

Thanks thumbs up yes the bug-sound is just wonderful!
Still have this patched up, crossing my fingers I’ll have time to work on it some more soon w00t
BananaPlug
I've been experimenting with ways to add more rhythm to my small twin Chirper system. Today's experiment is a short 7fu row of SEQ1, ENV1 and SVF.

LISTEN nanners
The left Chirper is some quiet poppy echoed sounds. The Chirper on the right is that drone. Up in the corner is a Sine and a DD1 (ring & LPG). The sequencer CV and gates manage the SVF which goes to the ring mod and LPG. You here it pretty predominately. Snappy, clicky AND a low note. After 47 seconds all you hear is that SVF derived sound. I think I can work with this!
T. Jervell
BananaPlug wrote:
I've been experimenting with ways to add more rhythm to my small twin Chirper system. Today's experiment is a short 7fu row of SEQ1, ENV1 and SVF.

LISTEN nanners
The left Chirper is some quiet poppy echoed sounds. The Chirper on the right is that drone. Up in the corner is a Sine and a DD1 (ring & LPG). The sequencer CV and gates manage the SVF which goes to the ring mod and LPG. You here it pretty predominately. Snappy, clicky AND a low note. After 47 seconds all you hear is that SVF derived sound. I think I can work with this!

Nice work! nanners
T. Jervell
Had a little bit of time today, so here’s a new video of the same patch. But this time I added the DRM1X and the DRM2. The sound if the kids playing was not a part of the patch originally, but somehow they managed to sneak in..... hihi

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 5 of 7