MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Chirper!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Chirper!
phisynth
was there a new batch available ? How many ?
Reality Checkpoint
10, all of which went within 30 - 40 minutes!
weinglas
phisynth wrote:
was there a new batch available ? How many ?

Yes, there was a new batch. But not enough chirpers. By far hihi

Edit: Too late! Again Dead Banana
indexofmetals
i think they were gone before I woke up
PLNB
Chirper is nanners Didn't realize it could be a hypnotic beat monster. Stable n chunky.. Call the exterminator, I finally got bugs..
DickMarker
Great, playable little module - considering it's just two VCOs and a filter the range of sound is fantastic. I was getting some S&H style variations in pitch and tone the other day from certain cross modulations.
PLNB
Now it's time to study up voltages across Chirper, DoubleKnot, Grackler, Benjolin, and Ciat gears to see what mangles what the best.. Trampoline
BananaPlug
Speaking of hypnotic beat monster...
Hears a snippet from noodling around today. All sounds from Chirper with delay effects. Live except I captured other Chirper sounds earlier in a looper. Normalized the level and added fade in/out in post.
I guess my point is that there's always new sounds to find on this thing.

ChangingGears nanners
chrisdermo
BananaPlug wrote:
Speaking of hypnotic beat monster...
Hears a snippet from noodling around today. All sounds from Chirper with delay effects. Live except I captured other Chirper sounds earlier in a looper. Normalized the level and added fade in/out in post.
I guess my point is that there's always new sounds to find on this thing.

ChangingGears nanners

Awesome recording!
chrisdermo
There's one gone up on eBay today with a £70 mark up on the brand new price (NOT MINE!)
Dead Banana never seen that happen with Bugs before.
BananaPlug
Quote:
on eBay today with a £70 mark up...

Just waiting for somebody to offer a VCS3 for it. hihi
lud
chrisdermo wrote:
There's one gone up on eBay today with a £70 mark up on the brand new price (NOT MINE!)
Dead Banana never seen that happen with Bugs before.

Probably to cover the ebay fees
Reality Checkpoint
My first BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand!

Chirper and friends!

chrisdermo
BugBrand! The Chewbacca Defense BugBrand!

Excellent rack! Congratulations w00t
Reality Checkpoint
chrisdermo wrote:
BugBrand! The Chewbacca Defense BugBrand!

Excellent rack! Congratulations w00t

Why thank you!

With a little bit of luck I should get my first sounds out this weekend after a complete re-shuffle of the studio (well, corner of the spare bedroom really!) New mixer, new monitors, and quality cabling!
Be Sandy?
Reality Checkpoint

Nice setup. That should keep you entertained for a long time.
Reality Checkpoint
Be Sandy? wrote:
Reality Checkpoint

Nice setup. That should keep you entertained for a long time.

Thank you Sandy, I do hope so!
rpc
I was lucky to get a Chirper in the last batch. I'm really enjoying it and it's really easy to dial in some great sounds. Takes me back to the days playing around on an EMS Synthi ... beating oscillators and wild cross-mod patches.
BananaPlug
I've been practicing short solo sets with the same small Chirper setup I've been using.
Here's an example. Mono and no post processing.
Listen here or this one (about 13 min)

Outcome: That setup is fun for drone & percussion as accompaniment. By itself I kept wanting some kind of clocky thing.
sungja
New batch, go get it !
dandandan
sungja wrote:
New batch, go get it !

Got one! Thanks for the heads up.
bmot
I got in on the recent batch, my chirper arrived today! So far I’ve been getting some awesome sounds from it as a stand alone device, but I need some help setting it up with my sequencer as I’m unfamiliar with banana plugs. I’ve got myself four 4mm banana cables and 1 screw connector in case I need to DIY a cable.

My aim is to sequence chirper with the social Entropy engine with cv expander. Can someone please advise, or post a link to the right cables I would need, and explain which parts of the chirper and Engine would connect to each other? I read about needing to use a ground, and don’t want to risk damaging anything.

I already got it to play the 2015 Weevil, it I don’t have any modular equipment I can use with it.
rowsbywoof
bmot wrote:
I got in on the recent batch, my chirper arrived today! So far I’ve been getting some awesome sounds from it as a stand alone device, but I need some help setting it up with my sequencer as I’m unfamiliar with banana plugs. I’ve got myself four 4mm banana cables and 1 screw connector in case I need to DIY a cable.

My aim is to sequence chirper with the social Entropy engine with cv expander. Can someone please advise, or post a link to the right cables I would need, and explain which parts of the chirper and Engine would connect to each other? I read about needing to use a ground, and don’t want to risk damaging anything.

I already got it to play the 2015 Weevil, it I don’t have any modular equipment I can use with it.

You'll need to make a Y wire with a standard 1/8th connector on one end, and two banana cables on the other. Basically, this will be your grounding connection to set a common ground between the Chirper and Engine.

Here's a good video showing how to make various cables from the guy at Future Retro. You want to make the Buchla style cable.

Also, as your setup grows, you should think about investing in a Low-Gain UTL box. They are an interface point that you ground to your Bug systems, and then can patch through freely.

http://lowgain-audio.com/

You can find them at many online synth shops, or on eBay/Reverb for about $89.
bmot
Excellent, thank you. Time to get the iron out...
BugBrand
Yes, Rowsbywoof got it - though a couple of tech terms I'd refer differently to: Minijack (or 3.5mm) not 1/8" (they're not) --- and call it establishing a common 0V between equipment rather than grounding.

I do do Interface Cables but equally easy to DIY. Personally I've always been happy with cables rather than converter boxes/modules, but that's maybe just me.

The key is to establish a common 0V between the external gear (eg. Engine) and the Bug. Do this with the black cable of the twin interface cable - this goes from minijack sleeve and plugs to the black 0V banana on the back of the Bug. Once that 0V link has been established you can do further signal connections just with single cables (from the same piece of equipment).

(Oh yeah, and just re-checked and it is at least mentioned on the instruction sheet!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 3 of 7