MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Benjolin love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Benjolin love
hippasus
I have a diy eurorack benjolin and I love it. I like the sound the modulations the signal routing feedback, the rungler, etc. What other modules are on the same vein? I would like to put together a dedicated little system (84hp 3u)
Thanks for the suggestions.
Trooper
i also have a Benjolin and like it very much, i would recommend the Mannequins Just Friends, you can see it as a Version with much more musical skills, but you can also do chaotic things. Just the opposite to the Benjolin, where finding musical things is more difficult and doing chaotic things is "normal".
Together a great combination.

a live session i did yesterday (the Benjolin is not good to see on the upper edge) with both modules integrated

Michiel
Take a look at TouellSkouarn’s Skorn da Bask. It is a bit like the Benjolin. You can create rhythms, drones through the combination of 3 oscillators/LFOs. As with other TouellSkouarn stuff, it isn’t clean, but I love it. Not many videos out there.

It is also available as a kit from the amazing Thonk (great diy guides on his web site). Quite a tricky build, but if you made your own Benjolin you should be able to do it, without any problem.
sendepause
Oh, I love my Benjolin!
I did a performance a while ago and used it as brains in my 6U system.
Triggers, Modulation, weird stuff. Didn't even use it as sound source...

[s]https://soundcloud.com/sendepause/livaatvcaparadiso[/s]
Aaronautical001
I'm still learning my benjolin, but love it.

What about Ieaskul F. Mobenthey

I've coveted them for a long time, but have been wary of their chaotic power. Flamey Screaming Hand
hippasus
Thank you for the suggestions, The TouellSkouarn modules look an interesting building project. I will also look more in detail the Mannequins. Great track sendepause and trooper, very different styles, thanks for sharing.

I do have a Jupiter Storm, a Giant B0N0 a trogotronic 666 for noise but I was looking for the self-contained voice.

Any other suggestion?
Gorsky
Here is my patch oriented around Benjolin - what a deeeep module !
I really like to patch it together with morphagene.
https://youtu.be/07U4yoHjvzM
He_lium
sendepause wrote:
Oh, I love my Benjolin!
I did a performance a while ago and used it as brains in my 6U system.
Triggers, Modulation, weird stuff. Didn't even use it as sound source...

[s]https://soundcloud.com/sendepause/livaatvcaparadiso[/s]

I almost always use my Benjolin as a sound source. Would you have good tips to use it as modulation and that weird stuff you evoke?
Great impro by the way...
Summa
I find the WMD Synchrodyne a bit similar, it has filtered outputs as well as raw and also a lot of sweet spots similar to the Benjolin, they also pair pretty nicely in sound. The Synchrodyne doesn't have any ranger circuit but a PLL circuit that's equally weird and chaotic as the Rungler (maybe even more so).

But a great modulation source for the Benjolin is a Intellijel Planar joystick where you can manually modulate all the inputs of the banjolin and zoom in and lock on to the groovy things that's easily lost with other modulation sources.
Trooper
4 Benjolinos only

mainly the Benjolin & just friends, in a context of spacy ambiente
FX: H9max [Reno Resonator]
Big Sky [Outland]
Rainmaker [selfmade patch]
Disting MK4 [Ping Pong clocked]
Pico DSP [delayed Reverb]

sendepause
He_lium wrote:

I almost always use my Benjolin as a sound source. Would you have good tips to use it as modulation and that weird stuff you evoke?

I used the square wave outputs as triggers, also the xor output. Manually but I also did put in some CV from a batumi. I used the rungler out as modulation source. It triggered envelopes and I had lfo's going into 4 channels of quantizing in ornament and crimes, which were triggered by the benjolin.

Something like that Guinness ftw!
He_lium
Thanks sendepause... I will try some of them wink
Trooper
a patch for Benjolin

Arders Bergdahl
He_lium wrote:

Yeah this thread inspired me to let benjolin be the driver of 4ms STS and Morpagene... which was very fun.. granular madness nanners
budinis
my benjolin-session from yesterday night... with some experimental visuals

Knock
Thanks for sharing your music sendepause. Love it!
sendepause
Knock wrote:
Thanks for sharing your music sendepause. Love it!

we're not worthy
Thanx!
Trooper
dream of the faschingsbrins hihi

the "solo" in the middle is the benjolin

pieter
Here is a piece with the benjolin as a sound source along with an erbeverb:

[s]https://soundcloud.com/pieterkok/erbelin[/s]

...and here is a piece with the benjolin modulating a Loquelic Iteritas:

[s]https://soundcloud.com/pieterkok/benjoquelic[/s]
cartertools
I just put mine together, spent some time experimenting with sync/clocking the Volcas with the triangle 2 wave.
Benjolin Clocking Volcas
budinis
here another track with the benjolin in modular-context...
(see description on youtube...)

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1