MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SOMA Labs - The Pipe
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author SOMA Labs - The Pipe
Smokey
SOMA Lab’s “The Pipe”

PIPE is a voice / breath / mouth-controlled dynamic FX processor and synthesizer. It turns your voice into a powerful FX / beat / lead / soundscapes synthesizer and it offers unprecedented levels of vocal processing, really transforming the possibilities of singing.

Currently, the PIPE has 8 different algorithms: ORPHEUS, FILTERRA, REVERB, PULSE, BASSDRUM, OCTAVA, GENERATOR, HARCHO! Serial production version will contain 12 algorithms. Additional algorithms will be added soon.

The PIPE consists of the handheld part and small commutation box with L R output jacks (6.3 mm) and DC IN. The handheld part and commutation box connected by a single cable which contains output channels and DC power.

The handheld part consists of the contact vocal mic connected by a usual 6.3mm TRS jack and the box with electronic part and controls. You can easily connect the mic via a cable extension that allows to attach it to a stand or put inside or on a surface of any acoustic instruments like drums, guitar, trumpet etc. Also, you can use the mic in jack as external in and process by the PIPE any signals you want.

The PIPE will be available in white and black versions.
lud
This sounds cool -
Also, you can use the mic in jack as external in and process by the PIPE any signals you want.
Unborn Gore
Good lord, that video was outstanding and bizarre!

This instrument is like instant Lustmord!
dan_p
thumbs up
JayEm
well thats just neat
AKaudio
Wow that thing's wild
cwhiley
As cool as this might be, I can't take that bald guy all into it. It's too much, LOL.
Pugilistas
Pre ordered one. What a performance instrument.

Oh, and the 'bald guy' is the designer....
Liddlepud
I played with a prototype at Synthposium last year, it was a lot of fun and I'll definitely be ordering one.
dubonaire
Love the video. Om
stikygum
Looks like a lot of fun. I think it has Mike Patton's name all over it.
@realwiggler
Wow....lots of character.

...and the Pipe sounds good too lol

Srsly tho, I bet that guy had a BLAST making that vid

The Lyra was already on my radar, will def keep an eye on SOMA, its good to see companies making instruments
col
Totally amazing demo! Especially, the last couple of minutes!! Funny to compare it with the Arturia Minibrute2s demo, hehe.

Would go really well with a loop pedal. thumbs up

I wonder how many nangs it will hold hihi
namshub
I'm sorry i couldn't stop laughing either.
Needles
The Lyra line is so solid and inventive. This instrument is also in a league of its own.

Soma rocks.
kbrush
i have 2 Lyra-8's and am obviously a fan of Soma...

but this is like the shake weight of synths. not saying i won't buy one, just saying...
tehyar
If it was April 1st...
kbrush
gotta give it to the guy, this video has spawned one of the most hilarious group text sessions amongst my synth head buddies in quite some time
Liddlepud
I love that video, we need some more flamboyance/eccentricity in the synth world.

I'm fed up of getting on stage and spending most of the time hunched over the modular or moving knobs and never actually engaging with the audience other than the occasional glance during transitions. I'm definitely going to try and incorporate this into some live sets even if I look like an idiot in the process. I'm too old to worry about looking cool hihi
spacezignul
I wish this was less like a pipe and more like a desktop fx unit
Trilo
If this is the Pipe, where is the Carb?

Rasta-nana
electricanada
col wrote:
Totally amazing demo! Especially, the last couple of minutes!! Funny to compare it with the Arturia Minibrute2s demo, hehe.

Art vs. commerce, eh?
electricanada
kbrush wrote:
but this is like the shake weight of synths. not saying i won't buy one, just saying...

There have always been a lot of gay men in the avant garde music scene. Vlad knows his market.
crawling wind
It sounds great, but I don't think I could pull it off. Like that dx7 breath controller I have somewhere.
kbrush
electricanada wrote:
kbrush wrote:

There have always been a lot of gay men in the avant garde music scene. Vlad knows his market.

i see what you’re saying here, guess any wind instrument could be construed as gay-ish.

i was actually being kinda rude, thinking this is some insane shit my high iq uncle would come up with if i slipped him a 10 strip when he wasn’t looking. but ya know this cat is making some gnarly instruments and putting himself out there in the process, and fucking cheers to that. consider me pre-ordered (even if i don’t have the plums to play it in public)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4