MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new sam prekop record, based on a modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author new sam prekop record, based on a modular
chiasticon
pretty interesting, coming from someone whose main output has been vocals and guitars. i always thought john mcentire was the brains behind the synth side of the sea and cake...

anyway, check out the blurb here: http://pitchfork.com/news/39512-the-sea-and-cake-frontman-sam-prekop-t o-release-new-solo-album/
neandrewthal
No fucking way.

I saw that article title yesterday and was interested for 2 seconds as I liked his first solo album, and then told myself I have enough of that kind of music already and made my way off pitchfork to find some modular synth music.

If I actually clicked on the link I would have shit myself.
baltimoroder
He released two electronic/drum machine/whatever originals on a Sea & Cake remix album back in '97. Good stuff.

http://www.discogs.com/Sea-And-Cake-Two-Gentlemen/release/304989

Also, great songwriter.
analoglsd
Thanks for the post.
I can't wait to check this out.
Years ago the Sea and Cake were my favorite "newer" band, and Sam Prekop's first solo album is one of my favorite albums of the 90's.
Glad to hear that he's taking a break from the regular routine(vocals/guitar/songs) as his/their output has been pretty redundant that past few years.
neandrewthal
My copy just arrived today. So awesome we're not worthy It's surprisingly(well maybe not considering who made it) melodic and concise. ADDish even, it sounds like it was edited together from many hours of typical modular synth recordings.
analoglsd
neandrewthal wrote:
It's surprisingly(well maybe not considering who made it) melodic and concise. ADDish even, it sounds like it was edited together from many hours of typical modular synth recordings.


I couldn't agree more.
Way better than some meandering modular texture ragas.
Very tastefully put together.
I read an interview with him last night where he was saying that he was listening to a lot of Raymond Scott while working on these recordings, and it shows.
If you haven't checked out the other all electronic album he did, then you should.
It's called "Photographs", and it's pretty amazing as well.
eyetomymoon
analoglsd wrote:
If you haven't checked out the other all electronic album he did, then you should.
It's called "Photographs", and it's pretty amazing as well.


Didn't know about this one... Will have to look / listen into!
Yawninggulf
eyetomymoon wrote:
analoglsd wrote:
If you haven't checked out the other all electronic album he did, then you should.
It's called "Photographs", and it's pretty amazing as well.


Didn't know about this one... Will have to look / listen into!


Hey analoglsd, love 'photographs' too. Any thoughts on what drum machines he may have used for that album?
Yawninggulf
[quote="Yawninggulf"]
eyetomymoon wrote:
analoglsd wrote:
If you haven't checked out the other all electronic album he did, then you should.
It's called "Photographs", and it's pretty amazing as well.


Didn't know about this one... Will have to look / listen into!
medium Rob
Is this thread about old punch card ? I remember reading an interview with Prekop around the time of its release, he said something along the lines of it being a sort of love letter to Plux Quba, by Nuno Canavarro.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group