MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Black TipTop Circadian Rhythms Panels
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Black TipTop Circadian Rhythms Panels
Brennanib
I think I've decided I want to keep the Tiptop CR for good this time

I'm curious though would anyone want to rally up to get some black panels for
Us CR users maybe from Grayscale or Oscillosaurus would do a lower cost panel if more than just a handful jumped in?

If not I've also thought of making my own and maybe a few more?

Would love to hear other CR users thoughts on this!!
DSC
I have been wanting to do this to mine, so I would offer my services to make some new matte black powdercoated aluminum panels with single white screenprint. I am not sure about price, as I would need to sit down and figure it out. Great minds think alike!

We could do a slight mod and add some bufferred mult outs too!
Antlerface
Of course a few days after I sell mine this comes up!

Sounds like a great idea. I'd be all over a black panel if they're available in the future and I expand my system again.
Brennanib
DSC wrote:
I have been wanting to do this to mine, so I would offer my services to make some new matte black powdercoated aluminum panels with single white screenprint. I am not sure about price, as I would need to sit down and figure it out. Great minds think alike!

We could do a slight mod and add some bufferred mult outs too!

This could be cool aluminum is pretty cheap around here!
Chartreuse-J
anodized green or orange anodized aluminum panel w00t
DSC
Ok, maybe that was a bad idea. d'oh!
sempervirent
I actually just did a black CR one-off for someone... it's getting fabricated now, will post pics once it arrives.

It's a tricky panel to do because of the cutouts for the jacks and the plastic nuts that TTA uses. You'd either want to drill smaller circular holes or use a washer between the nut and the panel to cover up the gap.

The original panel also has five press-fit standoffs on the back side to support the PCB in the area with the grid of switches. On an alt panel, you'd have to do those as well ($$$) or use normal standoffs and add extra drill holes for the screws (ideally with a countersink so that the screws are flush to the surface).

To offer an alt panel it would also be necessary to include a hardware kit (standoffs, screws, nuts, washers, new knob) and that's more effort than I want to get into, considering that it's already a large and expensive panel to make. If someone else wants to take it on, feel free.

bastian23
sempervirent wrote:
I actually just did a black CR one-off for someone... it's getting fabricated now, will post pics once it arrives.

any news? would like to cover mine in black too. maybe it is possible to foil the original panel. Do you have the original Panel layout? would you mind to send me the file of the black one? we're not worthy
zoedevi
I would too be interested in buying a black CR panel by all means. What about printing on an existing Grayscale panel - it would already have all the standoffs, and there would be no need to make the panel itself new.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1