MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TC HOF reverb - actually only one algorithm?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author TC HOF reverb - actually only one algorithm?
Navs
Looking at the Toneprint editor for the TC Hall of Fame reverb, I can't see an option to switch algorithms.

Am I blind or does this pedal only have one reverb algorithm/type from which to shape rooms, halls, plates etc.?
Navs
Any HOF owners/ users of the Toneprint software with an answer? help

The pedal looks interesting but I'd like to know if e.g. the plate and room etc. differ only in their settings rather than being a different algo.
Navs
Still interested in an answer - no Hall of Fame and Toneprint users here?
Gyroscope
I don't really understand question but I used to have an HOF reverb when I played bass and it's great. You won't regret it if you buy it!
Navs
Thanks, Gyroscope. I'll have a listen as soon as my local shop gets them back in stock.

And thanks also for the prompt: maybe my question wasn't clear.

Reverbs often offer a number of algorithms as starting points for the type of reverb you want to hear, like room or plate or hall. Depending on the device/plugin, the difference in algos is not just in the settings (how dense, diffuse etc.), but how the reverbs are produced.

If I look at the Toneprint editor, I don't see a box to select different algorithms, like the Hall, Plate, Room etc. that are listed on the pedal's front panel. So, I'm wondering whether the HOF is just one algo that is tweaked to sound like a plate and then like a hall etc., i.e. they are presets rather than algorithms.

Clear as mud now, right? hihi
Gyroscope
Ok yeah sorry, I had forgotten about the Toneprint because I never used that mode. Good luck in your search!
smetak
Navs wrote:
Thanks, Gyroscope. I'll have a listen as soon as my local shop gets them back in stock.

And thanks also for the prompt: maybe my question wasn't clear.

Reverbs often offer a number of algorithms as starting points for the type of reverb you want to hear, like room or plate or hall. Depending on the device/plugin, the difference in algos is not just in the settings (how dense, diffuse etc.), but how the reverbs are produced.

If I look at the Toneprint editor, I don't see a box to select different algorithms, like the Hall, Plate, Room etc. that are listed on the pedal's front panel. So, I'm wondering whether the HOF is just one algo that is tweaked to sound like a plate and then like a hall etc., i.e. they are presets rather than algorithms.

Clear as mud now, right? hihi

Hum....don't have the pedal with my right now, but, if not mistaken, the reverb per say doesn't appear on the toneprint menu - but I think you can get a hold of it by right-clicking anywhere on the screen; there's quite a large list with all the various reverbs. Just highlight one and the menu will pop up for the desired type - hopefully, this will make some sense. All the best!
gentle_attack
Navs wrote:
So, I'm wondering whether the HOF is just one algo that is tweaked to sound like a plate and then like a hall etc., i.e. they are presets rather than algorithms.

I haven't used any of the HOF, but that can't be right. TC has dozens of reverbs products as well as multi-pedals that have reverb on them. It sounds like you're doing something wrong
CursedFrogurt
I believe it uses their famed Hall algorithm.
Navs
gentle_attack, I'm not doing anything yet; I don't have a HOF, just going by the manuals. But ...

CursedFrogurt wrote:
I believe it uses their famed Hall algorithm.

That would make sense d'oh! lol

I suppose a real world test would be if the sound cuts out momentarily when switching between, e.g. hall and plate. Pedals like Space or BigSky cut the sound when loading a new algo/framework.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1