MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Amplify a CV 200% with Voltage Controlled Attenuator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Amplify a CV 200% with Voltage Controlled Attenuator
stephenmendes
Here is a neat way to AMPLIFY a Control Voltage with a linear VCA (provided it's DC-coupled)

Put in a fixed voltage twice the maximum amplitude of your CV into the signal input..... put your CV into the CV input..... and the output signal 'follows' your CV but at twice the amplitude.

This is exploited in the following patch:

https://youtu.be/GGkrvyR0STs
ranix
I love your videos w00t
stephenmendes
ranix wrote:
I love your videos w00t

Gee... thanks... that's real encouragement to make some more
flo
That will half-wave rectify your signal, though...
kindredlost
Good tip if you have no Q125 Signal Processor, and that's why I have six of them. If I had a small system I'd still have at least two of them. thumbs up
Dave Peck
flo wrote:
That will half-wave rectify your signal, though...

Only if your CV signal is bipolar and your VCA has no 'initial gain' control. If it does have an initial gain knob, set it to 50% and the entire CV signal will remain intact, with 200% gain. Although it will also now have a positive DC bias, but that is easy to remove.

Even if your VCA has no initial gain knob, you can still make this work by adding a DC offset to the CV signal before patching it to the VCA, so it never goes negative. Then remove the DC offset from the output signal, same as above.
Rex Coil 7
kindredlost wrote:
Good tip if you have no Q125 Signal Processor, and that's why I have six of them. If I had a small system I'd still have at least two of them. thumbs up
Q114++ Mixer works pretty well for all of that type of thing as well. Very versatile module. I dig mine!
stephenmendes
Posted in wrong place..... can somebody tell me how to delete ? .... when I click on the edit/delete button it allows me to edit but not delete .... what gives ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1