MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

So Blue Lantern is coming out with a maths alternative
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author So Blue Lantern is coming out with a maths alternative
Oodo85

Spore Generator. Thoughts?
mritenburg
I'd say it's more of a Serge DUSG alternative with a nod to Star Trek Discovery. It lacks the 4 channels of CV processing available on Maths.
luketeaford
There is no Maths alternative.
But a friendly thumbs up to DUSG and Rampage users: thumbs up
leftbracket
I'd like to see what the people who are always complaining about Make Noise panels would have to say about this one. hihi

That said, and age-old Blue Lantern controversies aside, looks like a fairly solid design overall, if a bit close to Rampage.
12eightyfive
Blue lantern controversies? please explain (or link)
memes_33
yeah this panel puts maths to shame in the "WTF" category.

BL module layouts have always been pretty bad IMO
TemplarK
12eightyfive wrote:

Dude its in the past no need to bring it up again in this thread there are plenty that are easy to find about what happened.

Looks pretty great actually.
SunSpots
I was just checking in here to make sure we don't start another 50 page thread about this guys past problems. ...

also, I absolutely hate his panel designs. WTF MAN... hire someone to do that for you for freaking sake man... I can honestly say I have never wanted anything he has designed because they aren't designed! ugh....

sorry rant over. could be a fun module.
REVIVER
hmmm.....

Almost as bad as his Braids where he misspelled Olivier's name on the front panel.

https://www.bluelanternstore.com/store/p61/Braid_Macro_Oscillator_-_Sc hool_Bus_Theme.html

starthief
It seems to be an improvement on Ranoage in some ways (I never liked the range switch and wished for knobs rather than sliders) and seems to have the DUSG 1V/Oct thing going on.

But that panel design is a bitter pill. It seems like it needs to be 4HP wider, and definitely needs absolutely clean and sparse graphic design.
Zymos
12eightyfive wrote:

Yeah, let's just not.
MoDuLuS10
That is a very chaotic panel design, but id love to give it a spin!!!
sauce
I like it, at least I understood the function of every knob/jack just by the labels/layout. And the money saved by not hiring a graphics person gets passed on to you!

My first module when I got into euro were BL cause they were cheap, got rid of most of em as I upgraded cause of their design/limitations. Still love my Spacemoth VCF though.
Oodo85
mritenburg wrote:
I'd say it's more of a Serge DUSG alternative with a nod to Star Trek Discovery. It lacks the 4 channels of CV processing available on Maths.

Just quoting BLM
chess1
personally I can not wait to get some Blue Lantern modules in my racks. I like the over stuffed options science fiction vibe.

[/img]
hawkfuzz
Never a fan of range switches but there's a lot of stuff you can do there.

Always loved the aesthetic but panel layouts tend to be overwhelming for some modules. Definite maximal.
uniquepersonno2
luketeaford wrote:

I assume you're being facetious, but... hmmm.....
starthief
Oh, my bad... in the busy design I didn't notice the range switches and was applauding it for not having them. d'oh!
LoFi Junglist
Enjoy the show!
Dogma
Worst panel design ever?
windspirit
I am havign trouble figuring oit what the middle knob does.
cptnal
It'd better be good, coz it's damn ugly! zombie
Bjarlstedt
Dogma wrote:
Worst panel design ever?

I'm not feeling too smart looking at this panel design.

From Facebook:
"Picture is prototype, release very soon in Matt Black."
But I guess you didn't just meant that blue woah color..
search64
luketeaford wrote:
But a friendly thumbs up to DUSG and Rampage users: thumbs up

Maths is more of a DUSG alternative.
sloth713
windspirit wrote:
I am havign trouble figuring oit what the middle knob does.

maybe it crossfades between the 2 channels hmmm.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3