MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Syncussion with MIDI and Silent power - VIDEOS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Author New Syncussion with MIDI and Silent power - VIDEOS
satindas
Finished the first prototype yesterday. Dead Banana

Some painful debugging but now all working as expected

MIDI is via 3.5mm TRS

2 MIDI Modes:

Mode 1- Triggers from singe MIDI channel - note 36 = Ch1, note 38 = Ch2 Obviously no CV in this mode but individual control of Decay ( controllers 80 and 81 )

Mode 2 - Listens to 2 adjacent MIDI channels and currently receives TRIGGER, CV and DECAY on each channel. Not sure I can squeeze much else in there.

Panel mounted trigger buttons

Matched SMD Transistors

Retains original Power scheme but added Pi filter reduces switching noise to barely above noise floor. (No need for expensive DC-DC converter)

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

MOUSER BOM https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=1305 e9618c

MOUSER/DIGIKEY BOM Cross-reference : VIEW IN GOOGLE DOCS

BUILD DOC: (v1.2) DOWNLOAD

MIDI REFERENCE DOC: DOWNLOAD
nologin
I love it. love
csaban
Nice!

What type of switches are those?
nosotokarjazzy
Very nice... applause
satindas
csaban wrote:
Nice!

What type of switches are those?

MHS122K and MHS233K
fuzzbass
Beautiful work! Highly under-appreciated drum synth! You are on the right track to re-do the power system. The way the negative supply rail is derived in the original is noisy and obsolete and source of many complaints from builders of zthee's clone. SY1 S&H is a bit odd in that it does not have a noise input and so is not particularly random sounding. My one other recommendation is to bring the LFO modulation source out the panel with an insert, so some alternate modulator (ex: noise) can be introduced.
satindas
fuzzbass wrote:
Beautiful work! Highly under-appreciated drum synth! You are on the right track to re-do the power system.... ....... bring the LFO modulation source out the panel with an insert, so some alternate modulator (ex: noise) can be introduced.

Thanks , I read somewhere that by using a transformer based power supply the noise problem is overcome. I don't have a suitable one so can't comment on that but you are right in that the original is a quite noisy unless you have both Output Level sliders at max.
Good call on the external S/H input but I don't want to clutter the panel with sockets. I suppose one option might be to route both LFO and Noise to the S/H via a switch.... internal noise is pretty low level though hmmm.....
jimfowler
Very cool!
Bjarne
This looks great! I’ve been wondering which would become my first DIY drum synth....

Cheers
roglok
yesss!!! was really put off by the way the zthee clone went and was secretly hoping for someone else to take a stab at it. having borrowed an original syncussion once i have to say that it is a magical device.

keeping a close eye on this...
w00t
sanders
fantastic; would love to build one of these

I love that you're doing it as a 1:1 clone
drox
super keen on this too!
Bodo1967
sanders wrote:
fantastic; would love to build one of these

Me too SlayerBadger! Mr. Green nanners !
makho
oh wow. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
goodrevdoc
Awesome work. Would love one or two of these
heapish
Interested. Please upgrade the power section to get rid of noise.
jersupereq
Where do I sign up?
we're not worthy
batchas
Niiiiice applause
satindas
heapish wrote:
Interested. Please upgrade the power section to get rid of noise.

Done !

Just needed a bit of filtering on the TL497 output.

That unbearable squeal is now barely above the noise floor and doesn't increase with low output level.

Easy fix for existing syncussion users too.

mbroers
NICE!
tjs
Cool. I'm very interested.
lasesentaysiete
Home run Jack!
Altitude909
interested as well
yan6
Altitude909 wrote:
interested as well

+1
stevenclements
YES YES YES YES

I'll take 2

we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Page 1 of 25