MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Samick AV6 LTD
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Samick AV6 LTD
syzygywell
Well I just found a samick av6 LTD at a smoking deal so it should be here in a week or so.

Are any of you familiar with the Duncan designed pickups that come with this? I've heard they are warm but lack any bite. The Duncan Alnico II Pros have been recommended any other thoughts?
syzygywell
Well I narrowed it down to the classic 57 and 57+ with jensen caps or maybe the WCR darkburst/godwood combo.
slovo
Lol. I consider myself a pickup junkie but... you sure know what sound you are going for! hihi Right down to the caps... oops I can't explain it but right now I have a hardon for a DiMarzio EJ custom...
syzygywell
Yeah I have a beautiful samick RL4 which is a Gibson ES135 copy (I think). So I have two guitars that I think can be specked out nicely that really didn't cost more than 300 each before shipping.

The RL4 is all mahogany neck and top and the AV6 is spalted maple. Sometimes I like that gilmour sound from crazy diamond and sometimes I want more that new order sound. Other than that.. I don't know much about guitars honestly.. I'm way more versed in synth sounds and functions.

I've heard great things bout the Dimarzio pups and they are a hell of a lot cheaper than the WCR's. That is for sure. Even the gibson pups can be had for about 200 total. The WCR combo depending on which one is between 280 and 315.
slovo
Ha, I think Gilmour's famous for a fairly thin single coil pup sound, right, and New Order... uses guitars?? eek! All I can think of is that chika chika in Blue Monday... and a bunch of filtered bass! Well, now that you mention those ideas, you might want to look into something filtertronny. Most of the SD models are too scooped to give a convincing strat sound.
syzygywell
Yeah gilmour is famous for exactly that.. I was listening to a video with the wcr pups in the les paul and I kid you not he got a tone out of it that took me back to crazy diamond. I was surprised.

Yeah new order used a few guitars especially early on. 2 gibsons and a Shergold Custom Masquerader. Got love Bernard's shorts in these videos.

slovo
Wow, I just can't get over the fact that is a real snare. Same witht the Joy Division tracks... I mean, how exactly does one get real drums to sound so fake!? screaming goo yo This track takes me back in general. You can almost see everyone rolling their eyes as they're rocking away; the whole band sounds JUST like JD except for mr. sumner who has apparently just lost his mind completely. It must have been quite a transition..!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1