MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Piston Honda MKIII dual morphing wavetable oscillator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Author Piston Honda MKIII dual morphing wavetable oscillator
orbita
Will PH3 accept Pitch voltage lower than 0? PH2 doesn't play nicely with Mother 32 without needing pitch offsetting.
tbecker
Since mkiii is missing the lfo mode and now has AC coupled output, what is the lowest panel frequency that can be had? Also this means that when in waveshaper mode the lowest frequency output will be? Looking forward to this one!
hawkfuzz
It's not missing the LFO mode.
autopoiesis
Quote:
Every feature from the Piston mk2 is present and improved with the exception of LFO mode. We had to AC couple the outputs to improve the audio performance.

did I miss an update after this?
tbecker
autopoiesis wrote:
Quote:
Every feature from the Piston mk2 is present and improved with the exception of LFO mode. We had to AC couple the outputs to improve the audio performance.

did I miss an update after this?

No, my question was with respect to this latest posted information and nothing is missing except the information I asked. AC coupling output doesn't provide guidance to lowest frequency. I am interested in what this filtration point is. It would be nice if it was close to 1-2 hz but not great set at 30 or higher...
autopoiesis
was in reply to subsequent post - also curious
nolongerhuman
I’d love to see a manual for this, the addition of a screen is cool, but it makes me wonder if there will be menu diving required, or if it’s more what you see is what you get. I don’t mind menus for global settings, but, beyond that it becomes a pain.
governor blacksnake
Manual will be posted soon (shipment to dealers starts Monday).

To open a menu, hold down the encoder knob button and press one of the other buttons on the module. The related menu will appear on the display. Rotate the encoder knob to select the desired menu item, press the encoder button to select or change the item. Press any button to exit to the main display.

The synthesis in Piston Honda 3 is almost entirely usable without entering the menus. The most commonly used "deep" parameters (octave shift and unison) are accessible through direct shortcuts without menu interaction. Settings are automatically saved to nonvolatile memory and are not disturbed by powerdowns or firmware upgrades. Here's a short description of the menus and their contents:

OSCILLATOR menu:

Octave shift (-2 ~ +2)
Unison (0~4, -OCT, +OCT)
Axis morph enable select
Waveform CV input disable
Tone (interpolation style)

OPTIONS menu:

Preset scope (selects whether the preset manager controls all parameters or just the waveform-related ones)
Ctl (selects behavior of preset CV input and attenuator: offset, attenuator, triggered random preset generator, triggered preset advance)
Preset mode at startup (in case you want the module to boot up with the preset manager already enabled, if you've got a bunch of mk3 modules that are being remotely controlled)
Frequency knob mode (assigns big knob to fine tune/little knob to coarse tune, and vice versa)
Load all waveforms from SD card

PRESET menu:

Randomize current
Save current to preset slot
Save all presets
Reload presets
Init all presets
Init current preset
nolongerhuman
That's extremely useful information, and sounds very well thought out.

Knob press + button to select a set of options, that once a patch is set doesn't require much else is about exactly the level of menu interaction I would want.

Cool. Preordered. Looking forward to it.
governor blacksnake
The manual is now online: http://www.industrialmusicelectronics.com/products/21
ignatius
if anyone is in portland this saturday scott will be doing a demo for the PHMKIII at modular8. 2pm. we'll record it and put it up on youtube as well.
BaloErets
ignatius wrote:
if anyone is in portland this saturday scott will be doing a demo for the PHMKIII at modular8. 2pm. we'll record it and put it up on youtube as well.

Big ups for recording this session. Really excited to se the PH3 in action smile
SCOOBA_TANK
BaloErets wrote:
ignatius wrote:

Big ups for recording this session. Really excited to se the PH3 in action smile

AWESOME!!! Thanks for this. Can't wait to hear and see this little beast!
PompeiiRuler
Really excited to hear this bad boy in action. Have been holding off purchasing other sound sources and saving for this
Tonefloat01
Just ordered this puppy since it will be a while until the E370 shows up but that’s another thread It's peanut butter jelly time! Guinness ftw!
dooj88
ignatius wrote:

hells yeah
autopoiesis
autopoiesis wrote:
curious if the stepped detune adjustment will increment in semitones so we can easily find fifths etc as well.

really eager to try one out... first module that seems worthy of possibly replacing my shapeshifter, at least on sound duties Dead Banana

now that the description is up and a demo is forthcoming, any early indications on this?
Funky40
Tonefloat01 wrote:
Just ordered this puppy since it will be a while until the E370 shows up but that’s another thread It's peanut butter jelly time! Guinness ftw!

this could happen to me also........ oops

how much $ is it ? edit: found it: 525$
nolongerhuman
I picked one up today at Control Voltage while I was down there, just about to fire it up, but immediately noticed the knobs aren't quite what I was expecting.

"The Industrial Music Electronics Mark III series features metal shaft potentiometers secured to the faceplate...."

Nope, they are neither secured to the faceplate nor metal shaft.

waah
governor blacksnake
nolongerhuman wrote:
I picked one up today at Control Voltage while I was down there, just about to fire it up, but immediately noticed the knobs aren't quite what I was expecting.

"The Industrial Music Electronics Mark III series features metal shaft potentiometers secured to the faceplate...."

Nope, they are neither secured to the faceplate nor metal shaft.

waah

We're still a few weeks out from having stock of the metal shaft parts (custom parts from "overseas"). We decided to expedite production of the Piston 3 with our current stock of plastic shaft pots because there are only two pots on that module that can be fitted with the metal shaft pots anyway (the two large tuning knobs). If this is an issue, we can offer the replacement parts once we have them in stock. The text on any dealer's page describing the Piston 3 should NOT mention metal shaft pots anywhere, please tell me if you've seen otherwise.

To clarify: The Mark III pots (excluding this initial run of Piston Honda 3) are specified as metal shaft ONLY on the large knobs (not the small black knobless ones, or the small black/orange ones used on attenuators). The plastic shaft parts are quite reliable, we're only changing over to metal shaft on big knobs due to user preference.
nolongerhuman
governor blacksnake wrote:

We're still a few weeks out from having stock of the metal shaft parts (custom parts from "overseas"). We decided to expedite production of the Piston 3 with our current stock of plastic shaft pots because there are only two pots on that module that can be fitted with the metal shaft pots anyway (the two large tuning knobs). If this is an issue, we can offer the replacement parts once we have them in stock. The text on any dealer's page describing the Piston 3 should NOT mention metal shaft pots anywhere, please tell me if you've seen otherwise.

To clarify: The Mark III pots (excluding this initial run of Piston Honda 3) are specified as metal shaft ONLY on the large knobs (not the small black knobless ones, or the small black/orange ones used on attenuators). The plastic shaft parts are quite reliable, we're only changing over to metal shaft on big knobs due to user preference.

To be fair, I'm definitely one of the people who prefer the bolted down metal shaft knobs so the second I got it home and out of the box I was kind of bummed.

The two large tuning knobs are relatively stable, as stable as any on any older Make Noise module, but honestly, that push rotary encoder is all over the place wobbly. Maybe I'll get used to it.
spudboyblues
governor blacksnake wrote:
The manual is now online: http://www.industrialmusicelectronics.com/products/21

This clarifies a lot of the questions I had - and confirms my excitement to be part of the pre-order at Control! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! There are loads of subtle design and UX choices here that make me very happy. Best of all is the tuning to C0 at the bottom of the oscillator, will make performing live with this much less of a worry!
governor blacksnake
nolongerhuman wrote:

To be fair, I'm definitely one of the people who prefer the bolted down metal shaft knobs so the second I got it home and out of the box I was kind of bummed.

The two large tuning knobs are relatively stable, as stable as any on any older Make Noise module, but honestly, that push rotary encoder is all over the place wobbly. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Sorry that we didn't clarify the change in pots since we've announced the mk3 series on this forum. We were very careful to inform dealers of the change before we accepted any orders for the module.

The encoder part and knob is the same used on zorlon/argos/stillson, but the debounce is much improved over the mk2 modules. I hope the operation of the module is enjoyable to you otherwise.
Funky40
i´ve nearly ordered a PH-mkIII (need to wait to know when that other module finally comes)
I in my case would have relied on the posts given here in this Thread ! just to say.
do you think i really go and read again every sentence on a shops page when i´m under the opinion that i allready have all the relevant infos down ?

probably i could live with unmounted pots or probably not, not shure.
but the resale situation could be a different one i have to guess..........
edit: thanks ! good to know what is
mdoudoroff
governor blacksnake, may I add the PH3 wavetable banks to WaveEdit Online?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Page 3 of 21