MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Piston Honda MKIII dual morphing wavetable oscillator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author Piston Honda MKIII dual morphing wavetable oscillator
ignatius
from FB page smile

Quote:
I’m not going to NAMM because I’m busy with this:

The Piston Honda Mark III is a dual morphing wavetable oscillator with waveshaping audio inputs and unison detune. The three axis sliders create a waveform for each selected oscillator to play from the internal “cube” of 8x8x8 16-bit waveforms, morphed at full resolution in all three dimensions (the oscillators may each play a different waveform). The voltage-controlled preset manager stores a bank of these settings to be recalled at any time, with a virtual fourth dimension of morphing when the manager is in “continuous” mode. An orange 128x32 OLED display displays the current waveform for the selected oscillator in realtime, its frequency, and the selected preset and wave selection. The rotary encoder changes system settings on the display, but it’s not necessary to interact with the display menus for any performance purpose.

I’ve heard every user suggestion about the previous MKII generation and fully modernized the design, now operating as a dual oscillator in the same 17HP space. The infamous aggressive character of the Piston Honda is fully present, with the added clarity of the 16-bit wavetable engine. The second oscillator’s frequency controls can be slaved to the first. Each oscillator has its own unison detune function as well, for a maximum of four stacked oscillators sounding at once. The oscillator can alternatively run as a nonlinear waveshaper, processing a dedicated audio input through the selected wavetable with voltage-controlled drive. When running in its normal oscillator mode, this input instead provides thru-zero frequency modulation. Waveforms are selected from the internal memory of 8 collections: additive harmonic structures, harsh LFSR progressions, restored waveforms inspired by classic synthesizers, and some special content from my favorite modular artists. You can load user wave data (16-bit WAV format) using the front-panel microSD card slot.

Piston Honda Mk III will be available in April/May 2018. Price is TBA, but it won’t be that much more expensive than the Piston Honda MKII.

ABOUT THE MARK III SERIES:

The Industrial Music Electronics Mark III series features metal shaft potentiometers secured to the faceplate (on large knob controls), shrouded power header with reverse voltage protection, and a small OLED display for each module’s edit facility. A voltage-controlled preset manager provides morphing control between 8 active presets per bank. CV inputs on digital circuits respond to positive and negative voltages.

uniquepersonno2
ignatius wrote:
from FB page smile

Wow! That's crazy. Might have to get that. I like the SD card option. That's really cool.
vytis
Super cool! Despite of all the new additions I hope it retains the original's crunchy vibe Rockin' Banana!
gonkulator
Wow, a total makeover, inside and out. we're not worthy
Misk
The ability to load wavetables is pretty bitchin. I've got a pretty large kyma collection i'd like to throw into this!
MechaSeb
vytis wrote:
Super cool! Despite of all the new additions I hope it retains the original's crunchy vibe Rockin' Banana!

Quote:
The infamous aggressive character of the Piston Honda is fully present, with the added clarity of the 16-bit wavetable engine.

But yeah, would like to hear it first too.
MossGarden
Oh boy! I was going to try and grab an E352 this year! I may want both eek!
Joe.
MossGarden wrote:

E352 looks like it'll be much better at clouds (8 vs 4 simultaneous waveforms?) and I cant see any control over the piston Honda's unison detune.

I definitely want to hear some demos soon, so much CV control love
MossGarden
LoFi Junglist wrote:
MossGarden wrote:

E352 looks like it'll be much better at clouds (8 vs 4 simultaneous waveforms?) and I cant see any control over the piston Honda's unison detune.

I definitely want to hear some demos soon, so much CV control love

I'll be interested to hear it too, also 4ms have their 6 voice Wavetable OSC coming this year as well, my wallet screams...
starthief
MossGarden wrote:

This does look like a "both" situation. Chocolate and peanut butter.

I'm actually wondering whether PHMK3 might be a contender to replace my HDMK2.
rytamura
Surprised to see the two CVs will accept *bipolar 10v* signals, which may be incompatible to the existing harvestman modules that works with 0-5v unipolar CVs. confused
For example, the Stilton hammer mkII will not fully modulate PHmk3's waveforms by itself?
hawkfuzz
Presets and SD loading is cool Curious of the morphing works. Really like the this thing will be a FM monster.
Pighood
JESUS CHRIST fap fap fap...
esko997
Oh boy woah woah woah
reodjectz
sold!
jwm
when the turning machine went from knight rider to single leds i was all like

sad banana

now the piston is going from 7 segment displays to a screen and im all like

Dead Banana
Futuresound
I’m impressed it’s the same size.
brianobush
Wondering if the format will be the same as used in WaveEdit (by Synthesis Tech).
Bob Borries
Is there a single audio waveshaping input or 2 of them for stereo?
Raven_Martin
^ looks like 2, one for each osc. I massively want one of these things...
Muse FTW
I like having more screens but damn I wish they were a little bigger.
Sinamsis
YESSSSSSS. Haha, my bank account is f'd thanks to the Governor.... wish we'd get some news on BL II as well. I'll definitely be snagging this as soon as it comes out, and it won't be replacing any of my other Harvestman modules.... I'm just going to build a separate case for them.
phase ghost
This looks pretty awesome. I still burn ROM's for my MKI, but it's not for the faint of heart. Always wished the loading process was a bit easier. Might have to pick this one up.
Benoua
sd cards seems pretty fun.
talfred
phase ghost wrote:
This looks pretty awesome. I still burn ROM's for my MKI, but it's not for the faint of heart. Always wished the loading process was a bit easier. Might have to pick this one up.

How do you do that?

I have the first version, great oscillator. I'm not getting v3. If I'd get another wavetable it would be the nw Qu-Bit Scanned wavetables module shown now at NAMM
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11