MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Taking my Intelijjel 7u to Thailand for vacation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Taking my Intelijjel 7u to Thailand for vacation
Eurocat
Has anyone had issues with power when traveling? The brick that comes with my Intelijjel System has the right specs but I would hate to blow my system up. I’m sure I could pick up a cheap converter when I get to Thailand but I’d rather not have to lug another piece of equipment around if I do t have to.
Lineofcontrol
I would say leave the modular at home.

You are visiting one of the most lovely places on earth with friendly people, beautiful temples, sights and history. Plus the food is fantastic.

Enjoy it. The modular will be happily waiting for you at home. Safe.
sduck
I believe one of our members - mudlogger perhaps? - lives in Thailand, maybe he can shed some light on this.
synthetek
Its 220v there , I think the only electrical device I have ever brought there was a phone charger. Some places have outlets like we have in the US and some have different types. I don't know if I would want to plug my modular in there. This is what the wiring looks like everywhere there
Dead Banana

[/img]
ignatius
get some music apps for your phone or a yamaha qy10/20/70/100 or roland pma5
Harlow
synthetek wrote:
Its 220v there , I think the only electrical device I have ever brought there was a phone charger. Some places have outlets like we have in the US and some have different types. I don't know if I would want to plug my modular in there. This is what the wiring looks like everywhere there
Dead Banana

[/img]

Looks appropriate for dreaming of wires. Zaaappp.
Arcana
Lugging around a 7U case while backpacking just sounds like a bit of a nightmare. I have the 104hp 7U. Even though it's pretty light as far as modular cases go, it's still a lot of stuff, pretty large, and I'd probably be unable to sleep at night because I'd be afraid someone would swipe it.

Would you even trust putting it in checked baggage for the flight?
LoFi Junglist
Your 7u is equivalent to what, one, maybe 2 years of annual wages over there?

I really don't like the idea of wigglers loosing their kit.

Play it safe. Take a 0-coast or something small and portable that you wont mind losing, if the worst happens.
beersbikesbuns
I don't have the Intellijel 7U, but if it has a power brick that accepts the right voltage, all you would need is a plug adapter. If the power brick doesn't, then you'd need to either get a second brick or a converter.

I have traveled quite a bit with my eurorack to the US, Africa, and Asia and haven't had any issues with electricity or theft. But, it can definitely be a pain schlep with you especially if you are moving around a lot.

You said you are going on vacation, it is ultimately up to you, but you might want to think about whether you really want to bring your rack with you. On top of the rack, you'd need to bring cables, etc. Eurorack isn't something you can really just pull out and play on anywhere. If you are traveling light, it might be better to get a portable synth, like an OP-1 (I don't have one, but really want one), instead of traveling with your eurorack. The portable unit would likely allow you to enjoy the beaches and other while still making music smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1