MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pioneer djs 1000
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Pioneer djs 1000
h4ndcrafted
Have we had a thread about this ? I not bothered about losing the filter, but the individual outs is a bummer.

Seems with its easy to loop live functions, would be a great sampler for modular loops etc.

DiscoDevil
Supposedly the live looping is still coming for the SP16
EPTC
Funny, I still have my Pioneer CDJ-1000 (their first DJ disc player) - Wonderfully durable and great for looping CDs and sampling at various speeds. The CDJ-1000 had a very useful toggle switch for reversing direction, forward backward, that I don't think got continued into other models. It's pretty killer perfect with that switch. (Later models have a direction BUTTON which is less playable)

Seems like an interesting decision to call it such a familiar name. Wonder if people won't recognize it as its own product.

Looks like a nice sampler.
h4ndcrafted
Anybody got one, srsly about to buy this thing.

I’m thinking it’s worth the expense just as a drum sampler, the Mpc 1000 looks like the obvious choice, but I like the immediacy of the pioneer and the live looping is great for sketching ideas.

Can you live loop then save those samples/hooks ?

The mpc seems like it has way more going on, maybe the fx are better too, but as an audio looper and drum machine, is it a more reliable choice?

Don’t really trust akai that much.

What is the input timing like on the Pioneer, the thing I likes about my mpc 2000xl was whay bashed in was what came out, are the Pioneers tight ?

Obv with the 1000 you lose individual outs, but that’s not a concern for me.
dubonaire
I don't have one, but I have the SP16. I don't know what Pioneer have done but the sound coming out of it is incredible.

From what I've seen yes you can live loop and save and the input timing appears tight. I think Pioneer has quite a bit of development experience with getting loop timing solid.

The SP16 is a joy to use and makes everything sound good, although it has some annoying limitations. It's been very frustrating for SP16 owners that Pioneer very quickly followed its release with the 1000 with added functionality which the SP16 doesn't have.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It would be awesome in a DJ setup especially if you use Pioneer CDJs, which I don't.
h4ndcrafted
Thank you for the info. I don’t want the SP to get too complicated, not that I can’t deal with that, but I just want a quick workflow that doesn’t compromise the timing, I’m not interested in pioneer stretching the cpu to the max, I want a solid instrument that works.

When it comes to beat samplers, and god knows I have had a few, timing and quality of output is up there on the must have list.

The live looping on the 1000 is very attractive. I think it doesn’t have send effects , not sure if it has a pattern list for sequencing them like the SP.

How does the SP cope with pattern changes ? Say if you have a reverb on an insert, does it chop the tail on pattern change ?
DiscoDevil
h4ndcrafted wrote:
Thank you for the info. I don’t want the SP to get too complicated, not that I can’t deal with that, but I just want a quick workflow that doesn’t compromise the timing, I’m not interested in pioneer stretching the cpu to the max, I want a solid instrument that works.

When it comes to beat samplers, and god knows I have had a few, timing and quality of output is up there on the must have list.

The live looping on the 1000 is very attractive. I think it doesn’t have send effects , not sure if it has a pattern list for sequencing them like the SP.

How does the SP cope with pattern changes ? Say if you have a reverb on an insert, does it chop the tail on pattern change ?

It cuts the tail off. I don't use the internal effects much, I use the 8 outs and external effects.

Live looping is coming to the SP-16 in June.
h4ndcrafted
Damn that sucks, I really liked the form factor of the 1000. Looks like the outputs are essential then.

I can hold out till June for the live looping.

How do you find the input of pads, is the sequencer tight with quantise off ?
dubonaire
DiscoDevil wrote:

Is this confirmed anywhere DiscoDevil?

h4ndcrafted - one thing to be aware of is the four bar limit.
DiscoDevil
dubonaire wrote:
DiscoDevil wrote:

Pioneer announced it on their site.
dubonaire
DiscoDevil wrote:
dubonaire wrote:
DiscoDevil wrote:

Pioneer announced it on their site.

Aah found it, thanks.
h4ndcrafted
Well I didn’t get one, but I am looking at it again.

From the videos, and the way djs talk about it, I get the feeling it is pushing producers into doing djing, rather than the other way around, although obvs a lot of producers start with djing in the dance world.

I wonder how that’s working out for pioneer?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1