MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new OP-1-like synth!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author new OP-1-like synth!
12eightyfive
Curious for those who have tried, have you seen any other similarities between this and the op-1? Besides the screen and basic/lofi nature of the synth engines I'm not seeing many similarities. What I really loved about the op-1 in addition to all of the different offerings- the synth, sampler, sequencer, tape, drums, was how they interacted in unexpected ways. It was like 12 year old me dreamt an instrument to life. When I think of this one, it seems like an homage with a bigger screen and maybe more synth engines of different types, but I'm not seeing the I retesting interaction between it's different features.
Systemj69
12eightyfive wrote:
Curious for those who have tried, have you seen any other similarities between this and the op-1?

IMHO no comparaison between them, not the same synthesis engines, sampling capacities..they are their own identity with their own strength and some commun weakness in accordance with the limits of this concept. From my point of view in all case ELZ_1 is not an OP-1 like copy but it's a new product with some bugs and with a huge potential also.
Systemj69
My Last feedback concerning Midi capabilities of ELZ_1 synthesizer,
directly from the manufacturer :

"The supported MIDI messages in Ver. 2.x.x are as follows.
1) NOTE ON/OFF (responds to velocity)
2) Pitch bend
3) Program change (can be used for MEMORY selection)
4) Song select

I use blow MIDI keyboards, these are no problem.
ALESIS Q49
Korg Nano key2 and Nano pad2
Korg TR"

I have some difficults with my SL25Mk2 and no Linnstrument MPE linked capabilities at this moment. The next step...next upgrade, keeping my fingers crossed.
Systemj69
Good News !: A new OS version 2.1 with some improvements:

New functions
- Master-Tune adjustment function has been added
- Memory-Tune adjustment function for each memory has been added
- Heavy, Destruction has been added in Bit Crush parameter of SiGRINDER
- Random access function of waveform reading position has been added in SiGRINDER.
- Changed the metronome sound of head of measure
- The new Arena type has been added in Reverb

Bad news: Impossible to send midi out or CC via USB connection, but from Yu Endo Himself, they plan to make CC function. ELZ_1 synthesizer new features are in progress..

thumbs up
francoprussian
I saw one of these in a shop the other day and it was much larger than i was expecting.
Gribs
The one major thing holding me back on this synth is that there is no filter tracking midi note number. Otherwise it seems pretty sweet.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2