MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buying banana cables in the UK?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Buying banana cables in the UK?
mousegarden
I've read a few of the links in posts here, and I've got a few places to explore, but a lot of the links aren't live anymore.
Is it worth getting the Pamonona cables from someone like Mouser? I notice they have a UK site now. Rapid also seem like they have stocks at reasonable prices, but are they OK for Buchla systems?

hmmm.....
DickMarker
Get some of Tom Bug's at the Bugbrand website - they're very decent quality and reasonably priced.
BugBrand
Yeah, I have two main cable packs available:
www.bugbrand.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_ id=131

I had previously DIYed cables from Rapid parts but much prefer these.
Some of the cheap cables from Rapid are pretty cruddy & the more reasonable types often don't come in the best lengths & colours.
Pomonas are lovely, but more expensive - Mouser is a good source now that Testpath closed (I think).

PS - thanks Mark!
Isaiah
Mouser’s pretty good for Pomona banana cables if you buy enough to get free shipping.
When you do they, give you the option to pay any import tax at the checkout and FedEx will deliver within ~3 working days to the UK.
Faster than some UK distributors pick an order! d'oh!
Search for the length you need, but notice that some colours are arbitrarily cheaper than others.

EDIT: The new Bugbrand cables probably work out cheaper. thumbs up
mousegarden
Thanks folks!
Tom, I'll be ordering some soon, I don't have PayPal, so I'll have to create an account.

thumbs up
BugBrand
Feel free to email me and I can do a manual invoice with bank details.
mousegarden
BugBrand wrote:
Feel free to email me and I can do a manual invoice with bank details.

Thanks Tom, I'll do that this morning. I need four of each cable, 25cm and 50cm.

PS, message sent!
mousegarden
Cables received from BugBrand! I must admit, these are amazing, I never thought I'd be waxing lyrical over cables, but honestly, these are soft, pliable, well made, perfect!
Great service from Tom at BugBrand too, top notch.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1