MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

WMD Fracture
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author WMD Fracture
mdoudoroff

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-fracture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp_VF-TkIgY

Intriguing.

I’m looking a bit side-eyed at that built-in reverb, and I don’t yet understand why the customer can’t swap out the samples, but I like the the tick/trigger options and the CV-ability of the engine.
denuir
Yeah, I find this one intriguing too, albeit a bit odd in its construction. I look forward to hearing some more demos.

As a self-interested aside, I wish more companies were offering black faceplates. It’s a challenge to keep the black aesthetic when there are so many great modules that don’t fit. Seems more and more companies are offering options for this, though. I hope it’s a growing trend.
ookrsia
Really looking forward to getting more info about this.

I’m also not very excited about having the reverb. Hopefully it will be easily deactivated. Unfortunately they said in some video that the reverb is pretty much the reason this whole thing has a stereo output.

I like WMD’s direction first with the Chimera and now this. Who knows what they will come up with in the future.
Zymos
They explained in the Chimera thread why they didn't want user samples, and I assume same rationale applies here.
I'm really interested by this, and like others, kind of dubious about the reverb.
defenestration
these types of modules don't really lend themselves to user-loaded samples, they've developed the sound architecture in tandem with the source samples - most things people would want to feed it would probably just end up mostly as useless garbage on the way out, or you end up tweaking parameters that won't result in any sonic difference with the samples you've selected, and I think that's where WMD is at - they want it to be a sound source with sweet spots all over

plenty of standard types of samplers out these days so I'm glad to see these designs. personally I'm also just lazy about samples - any sort of raw audio is useful and is easily recontextualized for an infinite variety of purposes. I still haven't bothered putting any of my own samples on my TTA One, it's still just rocking the stock samples
TechForze

applause
Geaux
seems really perfect for shaker and other sorts of ethnic percussion that otherwise didn't have any good sources in modular(outside of direct static sampling which is boring im). Very excited for this one.
TheSolenoids
Yeah I thought the logic behind this module was very intriguing. Thinking from the real world into the interface is useful. This may be the only thing announced at NAMM that I pick up this year.
kay_k
me want
mdoudoroff
defenestration wrote:
these types of modules don't really lend themselves to user-loaded samples, they've developed the sound architecture in tandem with the source samples - most things people would want to feed it would probably just end up mostly as useless garbage on the way out, or you end up tweaking parameters that won't result in any sonic difference with the samples you've selected, and I think that's where WMD is at - they want it to be a sound source with sweet spots all over

Perhaps, but much the same could be said about wavetable synths. Just because it’s easy to create garbage doesn’t mean that everything would be garbage, and I’m skeptical WMD exhausted all the possibilities for short transient sounds that would work with the engine. I see the engine itself as the key element. Anyway, the price looks nice.
williamjturkel
I’m looking forward to this, too. I’ve got the Chimera (for abstract soundscapes—I don’t really do traditional percussion) and this seems like an interesting complement. I also like the Tick and Trig inputs, which seem useful for flexibilty in a small case.
Mercutio
Hi,

What's the sequencer in the bottom ?
DonKartofflo
Love the sound! Like something id get out of clouds or granulator but very well tuned so you dont have to be so careful about where your modulations go.
chvad
this sounds awesome
behndy
yeahhhhhhh. want this.
Infinity Curve
Chimera is great. High hopes for this guy too! Definitely digging some of the sounds I was hearing from the NAMM videos so far
rustyjaw
Damn, I love the sonic palette of those percussion sounds.
BluYote
Mercutio wrote:
Hi,

What's the sequencer in the bottom ?

Its an WMD prototype trigger(?) sequencer that they rarely talk about and never give an ETA for.

...that I want very, very, badly!
denuir wrote:
...I wish more companies were offering black faceplates. It’s a challenge to keep the black aesthetic when there are so many great modules that don’t fit. Seems more and more companies are offering options for this, though. I hope it’s a growing trend.

I too wish companies would offer alternate faceplates, but for the opposite reason. having one or two black panels in a sea of aluminum is not very feng shui. cool
Tristana
This is definitely up there on modules I'm most excited about from Namm this year. Love me some sounds that contain little micro-rhythms within themselves.
Yloopz
So when is it gonna hit the stores. Looking forward to... Its this one or get the Chimera... Depends how long the wait is (I'm eventually gonna end up with both I guess hihi )
Tumulishroomaroom
I think they said mid March ? I got the Chimera and will get this one when it comes out ! You need both hihi
Yloopz
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
I think they said mid March ? I got the Chimera and will get this one when it comes out ! You need both hihi

That is what I am afraid of hihi
Audiodog
Yep, looks like this and the Chimera are a sonically interesting pair
Yloopz
It's march... is there any news?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4