MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Module Library - Want to help out?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner  
Author Module Library - Want to help out?
BananaPlug
Hi Folks,

Module Library 2.0? I'm thinking the time might be right to update the library and module maker and then hand off some curatorial work to the community.

I need people to adopt sections of the library. Let's call them moderators. They'd accept/reject new module submissions and have some admin tools to help them clean up any inconsistent names that are in the system. If you folks will do this I'll try to provide you with decent tools.

If that doesn't appeal to you but you have used the RackPlanner a lot and want to help me come up with possible improvements and additions to the library and module maker (not the RackPlanner program itself), this is a great time to chime in.

Thanks in advance.

Library
ModuleMaker
dougcl
I'm up for some curatorial work. I would be glad to help.
sonicwarrior
Did not check this section for a while.

I'm in. Rockin' Banana!
haricots
I'll volunteer for the Modcan stuff I you still need.
authorless
I'd be willing to help. I am quite OCD about things like structured naming conventions and uniformity.
Kent
I'm in for Buchla, Euro & Frac since these are what I know. Always happy to help. I use the shit outta RackPlanner.
BananaPlug
Well, it took me 2 years to get around to doing it but there's now a spiffy new Module Library. Finally there are facilities that make it possible to enlist folks like you as moderators and curators of the collection. I have some plans for crowd sourcing as well. If you still want to get involved check out the site and PM some comments. I'll start a FAQ.

Module Library 2 and the new Collections page.

Hoping that you'll find bugs for me before I replace the old tools and make a new thread for a more visible announcement.

nanners nanners nanners
synthcube
Let me know how I can contribute.
BananaPlug
The main thing is to just try it out and see if anything's broken or hard to figure out. I have a to do list but I need feedback to boil down into a FAQ and adjust my priorities for additional features.

The present Module Maker will probably get a touch up soon. Contributed modules are now going to the new library so I should close the old one fairly soon. It's probably going to get fully integrated into the new library but that doesn't have to happen anytime soon.

Thanks
sonicwarrior
Hmm, 75 pages Eurorack modules? You can at least list double the modules because it uses less than half of my monitor and
scrolling > clicking a new page.

I kind of liked the old library better. seriously, i just don't get it
BananaPlug
Quote:
Hmm, 75 pages Eurorack modules?

There's a list mode for that, 16 pages (varies with screen height).

hmmm..... Maybe I can do a multi-column version of list mode.
sonicwarrior
It looks like this on my Firefox 14 (Ubuntu 11.10):
BananaPlug
Try it again, refresh your page. I just tidied up and now the W3C validator says both pages are successfully checked as XHTML 1.0 Transitional. That usually means it will work.
sonicwarrior
Strange, I didn't get a notification (or I accidently deleted it but that's unlikely).

It looks way better now, but the textboxes for the modules are too wide, so that they are outside the Module info box.
BananaPlug
Wow. Which browser and platform is that? I've been checking it in current Firefox, IE and Chrome on a PC with Win7. Thanks.

By the way, did you find the "Collections" or is that not obvious enough?

EDIT: Oh, probably Firefox 14 (Ubuntu 11.10) since that what your earlier post said.
werock
I see the same thing with the text boxes using Chrome Version 20.0.1132.57 on Linux.

But I like the way it cascades from module list>module info>image.
BananaPlug
I think it may be this bug:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=491114

I've made a change which somebody reports fixed the same problem in a Drupal context. You may have to reload the page a couple times to get your browser to load a fresh copy of the stylesheet.
sonicwarrior
BananaPlug wrote:

EDIT: Oh, probably Firefox 14 (Ubuntu 11.10) since that what your earlier post said.

It's Firefox 14.0.1 now but I don't think that changes much. I still get it after several reloads.
BananaPlug
Well, I don't know. It doesn't do it in FF 14.0.1 on my Win7 box. I did some searches and haven't hit on anything definite yet. Seems like stuff like this has happened before with Linux/Firefox combinations. Odd.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/885920

Hey this might be relevant:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1218851/ubuntu-firefox-renders-diff erently
sonicwarrior
If it's a fonts issue I wonder why Opera (12.00) doesn't have this issue.
BananaPlug
I think those posts I found about this problem are talking about Firefox distributed as an Ubuntu package. Are you using Firefox that came with your OS or did you download the "Linux" version from Mozilla.org?

One suggestion was to change my font declaration, like this:
input {
font-family: Helvetica, Arial, "Liberation Sans", sans-serif;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

You can get Liberation Sans from RedHat free. It is supposed to have the correct dimensions. I'm just passing this along, I don't have a way to check these stories out.

It all looks fine on Win7 with FF 14.0.1, IE 9.0.8, Chrome 21.0 and http://validator.w3.org says it's successfully checked as XHTML 1.0 Transitional so the browser should not have any trouble parsing it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner  
Page 1 of 1