MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Qu-Bit Scanned - Organic Wavetable VCO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Qu-Bit Scanned - Organic Wavetable VCO
Qu-Bit Electronix
Scanned is an organic wavetable VCO. It uses an unexplored synthesis technique known as Scanned Synthesis to generate complex sounds and timbres that you've never heard before. Scanned Synthesis was pioneered by Max Matthews in the '90s. You can read more about it here:
Scanned Synthesis

- First implementation of Scanned Synthesis in hardware
- Vibrating string interface generates wavetables on the fly

ETA- May
Price- $349
16hp

More videos and feature overviews will be coming soon.
Let us know any questions and we will respond!

chysn
What is the input for?
ipnoteca
my guess is that the input works as on the mutbal instruments rings as somekind of resonator?
dooj88
chysn wrote:
What is the input for?

yes, that's awesome, i was hoping there would be one when i saw the video!

i'd imagine instead of whatever internal string model is used to excite the generator, you can input your own to influence it. super rad as it opens this up to huge potential.
2disbetter
Great, really liking this module! Great job Qu-bit this year at NAMM!

Looking forward in particular to more info and videos on this module!

2d
tomtomtron
great concept love

the NAMM demos shows always more or less the same sound range - more harsh and gritty. really nice but im really curious how bright is the sound palette hmmm.....
williamjturkel
I was pretty excited when I heard that it can take many minutes to settle down after some modulations. Should be great for evolving soundscapes.
justinzero
I remember playing with scanned synthesis in csound quite some time ago. This is exciting! Can't wait to do it with tactile response (and less coding)
Qu-Bit Electronix
What is the input for?
The input is for an external audio signal. This can be used to excite the string instead of the on board hammer section. It works very similar to an envelope follower, in that it excites the string in relation to the amplitude of the audio signal. This makes it really easy to get new and interesting sounds from the module.

the NAMM demos shows always more or less the same sound range - more harsh and gritty. really nice but im really curious how bright is the sound palette
It is also capable of timbres generated from sine tones which provides a very diverse, softer side to the unit. We chose to demo the harsh side at NAMM since it cuts through the ambient noise easier. smile

We'll post audio demos soon!
tomtomtron
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:

the NAMM demos shows always more or less the same sound range - more harsh and gritty. really nice but im really curious how bright is the sound palette
It is also capable of timbres generated from sine tones which provides a very diverse, softer side to the unit. We chose to demo the harsh side at NAMM since it cuts through the ambient noise easier. smile

We'll post audio demos soon!

oh im curious, really excited
bring it on w00t
Crimesofthecrown
HAMMER TIME!
Hi5
Very interested as well. Love me a wavetable
adh82
Best pick at Namm for me. Can't wait to hear more!
Also hoping your doing a silver panel option like the pulsar.
Daisuk
Qu Bit is killing it lately. Another one of their modules I want. This one sounds excellent. smile
soulclippings
Super exciting module. This will make for a fantastic addition to my wavetable synth in the works. Seems to me that it will pair phenomenally with the Piston Honda mk3 sonically. Really looking forward to hearing some proper demos of Scanned. I assume this will also be available with a silver faceplate since all the recent black modules also have that option.

I do have a question for Qu Bit though. Seeing as May has already passed, will this module be available soon? I can hardly wait to pull the trigger on this incredible module. & also, are you guys planning on exploring any other underexplored synthesis methods in future hardware releases? Would certainly love to see more one of a kind modules coming from y'all in the future. Love all your releases thus far!
uniquepersonno2
Very interested in this one. I, too, am curious about a release date.
DistantPlanetOutpost_
Hi Qu-Bit,

Any news on a release date? Cheers.
astrodislocate
FYI I sent them an email a few weeks ago, and they said they're now shooting for the end of summer.
behndy
hear that tooooooooo. want NOWWWWWWWWW.

looks SO good.
Daisuk
Summer is over,
September is here,
How I do wonder,
If release is near.

d'oh! lol
Zymos
It's still summer for another 10 days or so.
Qu-Bit Electronix
Hello everyone,

The wait is over, Scanned is in stock and shipping today!

We've added a number of features and optimizations:
- New hammer shapes
- Wider frequency range
- Algorithm update rate control
- LEDs to show the state and polarity of the output waveform

Can't wait to see the patches you guys make with this one. nanners
behndy
murrrrrrf. WANT. have to wait till next week to order but dayum son. sounds GOOD.
MARK27
I feel like I still have to hear a couple more demos, but this thing definitely has my full attention.
starthief
Yeah, I definitely want to hear more demos. I don't have any sort of feel for how versatile the module is, how it behaves with different types of external input, etc. I think I'd want some in-depth demos before jumping on this one (because it probably means picking up one of those new 4ms cases to fit it somewhere...)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3