MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Trigger on gate open/close?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Trigger on gate open/close?
unexpectedbowtie
Apologies if this is an obvious question... but I've been very frustrating for a while now trying to figure it out.

What method could I employ to create a trigger on both the opening and closing of a gate?

Any help welcome!
Parnelli
Interesting question; I have an EMW gate to trigger module, but it only does rising edges, but if you inverted the gate you would also get a rising edge at the fall from the inversion, but that would require two gate to trigger modules, surely there has to be something out there that will do both rising and falling edge triggers.

Anyone?
authorless
Doepfer A-165.
MrsWedge
differentiator followed by full-wave rectifier possibly fed into a comparitor to square everything up
Parnelli
Yup, the A-165 would be perfect!
R.U.Nuts
You didn't write what format you use so reccomending a module is hard. But in Euro: Yes Doepfer A-165. the A-156 quantizer can do it, too. It spits out a trigger each time the voltage at it's output changes. So when you feed it a gate it will emit a trigger each time the gate goes high and each time is goes low. So if you're on another format maybe look into quantizers that have a trigger output.
NotHerbert
If you don't have an A165, maybe an envelope with EOR and EOC trigger outs?
R.U.Nuts
NotHerbert wrote:
If you don't have an A165, maybe an envelope with EOR and EOC trigger outs?

Yes that might work if you want seperate outputs for the trigger on rising edge (EOR) and trigger on falling edge (EOC). But the EOR trigger will be a gate with a duration as long as the envelope is running. So OR-combining both EOR and EOC wouldn't work because they would probably merge.
frijitz
My 4 x 4 EG has built-in End-Of-Envelope and End-Of-Delay trigger pulses. (Ignore what was said above about triggers actually being gates. These are triggers.) The EOE trigger fires when the envelope decays to a small value, ie it is not an End-Of-Gate trigger. The EOD trigger signals the end of the built-in delay time.

Please check my website and youtube channel for further clarification.

Ian
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1