MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko "Quad" series modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Malekko "Quad" series modules
bc3
Let's discuss these new black modules Malekko showed at NAMM!

It appears that there are 3 that are built on the same platform:

Quad Envelope
Quad LFO
Quad Wavetable Drum voice

Looks like they all have a clock input which will give you "motion" recording over the parameters for each channel (a la voltage block style?). All three look like they will be super useful and powerful while keeping a small HP footprint! cool

http://youtu.be/m5XAsQcSft4
mdoudoroff
Intriguing, but where’s the info on these? Their Quad Gate Delay is a very cool module.
bc3
mdoudoroff wrote:
Intriguing, but where’s the info on these? Their Quad Gate Delay is a very cool module.

Exactly! Looking for more info help
wildfrontiers
Saw them at Namm. They are indeed motion recordable like the Voltage Block -
also can receive clock through the bus and can be tied to the Varigate 8+ save states. Especially excited for the LFO.
bc3
wildfrontiers wrote:
Saw them at Namm. They are indeed motion recordable like the Voltage Block -
also can receive clock through the bus and can be tied to the Varigate 8+ save states. Especially excited for the LFO.

Thanks for extra information and I did not know about the clocking and saving on the bus which now seems very logical that they would have this functionality. With all the Voltage Block and Varigate owners out there I'm sure these will be very popular!
DDJ
Interested in the VCA’s and Envelopes.
wickedwillie
12hp or 14hp?
ignatius
wickedwillie wrote:
12hp or 14hp?

23.5 hp
bc3
just watched this and it is the most info I have seen yet on these rad new modules. i think i want all of them now, fuck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L6_YXExabE
bc3
wickedwillie wrote:
12hp or 14hp?

My guess is 12hp
hawkfuzz
hyper
memoire-de-futur
Does anyone know when they will release those quad modules?
matttech
Quad LFO is shipping out to me any day, and quad envelope is next... ready over the next few weeks I believe
hawkfuzz
Good news. Truly what I'm most excited for at this point.
mattsb
OK All you early-adopter-beta-tester folks, who's got one and who will be the first out with a video demoing the quad LFO ?

(Personally more interested in quad Envelope, but hoping for some info soon on any of these beyond the sketchy early video from (IIRC) NAMM
hawkfuzz
I do find it weird there's not a cv input for the lfo. I wonder if the gate ins double or the record function is quantised to incoming signal.
bc3
https://malekkoheavyindustry.com/product/quad-lfo/ w00t
Section956
Anyone have the LFO or Envelope yet? Thoughts?
OHEXOH
I have the Quad Envelope. It's super useful to have 4 animated envelopes in only 12hp - so kudos there. However, like their AD/LFO I find the attack aspect to the envelope difficult to tame.

It's either too snappy or too loose. This is on the shortest time switch setting. It's very difficult to get a non clicky yet snappy wave.

I don't know if this is fixable (most Malekko modules are not).

Anyways - if you do test drive one - check on that aspect and see how it feels for you.
bc3
I ended up with the quad LFO and it is working well in my system. Even better if you have something like the Mordax DATA you can really see what it is doing. Super easy and quick to get those LFO's moving and sequenced cool

Now how much longer do we have to wait for that new VCA and Random module?!
rhythmking9020
Though not Eurorack, Malekko's vibrato pedal is neat (from the Omicron Series, it's the yellow one ha).

Instant EarthBound sounds!
OHEXOH
There’s a real lack of info about these modules. I emailed Malekko about the slider and it being difficult to dial in precise envelopes especially in the attack phase (resulting in either too sharp or too soft a transient). So far no reply.

Another thing I’ve noticed is the envelopes are not consistent, each one isn’t identical to the last.

I really hope this thing can be updated otherwise... it’s a dud for me. sad banana
bernwerlin
Where are the videos for the Quad LFO and Quad Envelopes?!?
OHEXOH
It's been 2 weeks since I emailed Malekko about the attack slider issues I'm having (see above) and I still haven't received a reply.

Really frustrating, but it's not the first time I've had problems with their modules. The AD/LFO has the exact same issue (but not as bad) and their other modules with those sliders are just simply a pain to use (Voltage Block, Varigate 8+). It's also not the first time I've emailed their support and had no reply.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Voltage Block - but I'm done with Malekko. I got myself a Stages over the weekend and am happily dialing in precise sharp transients on sine-esque waves with NO harsh clicking sounds.

Sorry - but for me - the Quad Envelope is a not worth the money... unless you want to buy mine? hihi
hawkfuzz
Any video of the issue you're dealing with available?

Any patch details?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3