MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

cable to go from line out to cv input
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author cable to go from line out to cv input
j_dowe
I don't fully understand all the nuances of cables... but I just want to go from the line out of my audio interface (dc coupled) to a modular cv input. Where could I easily find the right cable for this?
Dave Peck
What kind of connectors are on your audio interface? And what kind of connectors are on your modular? There's your answer.
j_dowe
Dave Peck wrote:
What kind of connectors are on your audio interface? And what kind of connectors are on your modular? There's your answer.

okay, I was expecting something more complicated. so 1/4 inch to 3.5mm mono should do everything i need.
sduck
As long as the line out isn't a stereo jack (some of them are).

Ahhh, for the good old days when you could just pop over to radio shack and get whatever adaptor or cable you needed. Not so long ago actually...
Sugarfree
The only thing to remember is that the line output level is much softer than modular, so you may need to plug your signal into a preamp module first.

A typical CV signal ranges from +/-5V up to +/-10V, I doubt your audio interface can output this much.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1