MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

USING DAW AS SEQUENCER
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author USING DAW AS SEQUENCER
Keram
Hi long story short,i bought Korg MS20 and a beatstep pro to start and it was super fun,then i bought a Vermona perfourmer and i said to myself that i will need 2 more Beatspet pro to sequence all the 4x voices the Perfourmer has,
what i dit is i linked MS20 + Perfourmer through midi to my fruity loops
and now fruity loops treats them as they were vst's which gives me infinite sequencing + composition freedom for each voice individually.My question is
if there is any sound quality loss.
sduck
If you're taking the audio directly from the perfourmer, then no
modularblack
There might be MIDI Jitter if your MIDI Interface/PC is shitty like mine. This means your Audio will always be out of time. Also notice that recording audio always means a sound quality loss, if you follow the definition that every difference between the in and out is a sound quality loss.

Also FL Studio 20 will have a better PDC and general Delay System and you will be able to set a negative input Delay to compensate your delay coming from your soundcard. This is a killer feature (but to be honest almost every other DAW has this) because then you can easily have your modular and your PC in Sync.
Arcana
This is the standard way that I work in Logic Pro X: I hook USB to my uMIDI (MIDI to CV), patch it up, Audio goes back out to the External Instrument plug-in. I have an External Instrument plug-in for each channel of MIDI.

Audio is great.

Yes, you could get MIDI sync or clock issues. Usually, they’re not noticeable unless your song is really long or your computer is overloaded. Listen carefully - if you can’t hear the difference things are probably fine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1