MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

EMW Spectral Viewer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author EMW Spectral Viewer
dooj88
is this eyecandy machine going to see the light of day? matrixsynth posted about it in 2015. guessing it was scrapped?

"EMW will add an extra dimension, with sound-activated dynamic colors to your modular.

The EMW SPECTRAL VIEWER module splits the audio frequency band and translates the individual bands into intensity color levels in a way that red represents low frequencies, green represents the mid frequencies and blue the high frequencies. A full audio material fed into the module will be translated into a dynamically multi-color visualization of the audio spectrum."

just dreaming now... what would be totally sweet (and a lot more expensive) is making this a touchscreen and depending upon where your finger(s) are it would output CV based on the frequencies registered at that spot.
psproject
https://youtu.be/ULUScCMI77w
strangegravity
oooo shiny!
EPTC
I love EMW stuff - I have the Pot Action Recorder and the Matrix Switch.

Pot Action Recorder is so much damn fun and immediate - CV looper which you can sync the looping to a clock. Very creative.

Matrix Switch is just $85 - Great way to blend CV or have four mutes. Probably one of the best passive modules out there; seems little talked about too.

Thanks for posting about this - That visualizer looks awesome!
starthief
It's very Star Trek TOS. I like it.

It'd be fun (but out of my budget) to do a pure blinkenlights rack hihi
cptnal
A 104hp version would be nice. spinning
dooj88
it lives!!
xenosapien
where? it´s not on EMWs website.

also, I really hate when people post non-information like this... nothing personal, but WHY.
dooj88
xenosapien wrote:

also, I really hate when people post non-information like this... nothing personal, but WHY.

psproject wrote:
NANO-Jorge
Wow I really like it, I would love to watch its technology.
bkbirge
Zymos
I had an old Radio Shack one like 40 years ago!
sempervirent
The first module to come with a seizure warning.
strangegravity
How is EMW's quality these days? I had a filter from them years back. The circuit board was bent (literally) and there were wires spilling out of it. It was ugly but it sounded pretty good.
xenosapien
dooj88 wrote:
xenosapien wrote:

psproject wrote:

thanks!
MindMachine
strangegravity wrote:
How is EMW's quality these days? I had a filter from them years back. The circuit board was bent (literally) and there were wires spilling out of it. It was ugly but it sounded pretty good.

Check the EMW thread. God quality. Panels are a little flimsy.
dooj88
MindMachine wrote:
strangegravity wrote:

Check the EMW thread. God quality. Panels are a little flimsy.

I've got a the filter bank and that panel is beefy, noticeably sturdy actually. Cool texture too. Maybe panels were a concern in the past but not now.
Joe.
Feed it a 180 bpm Arpeggio CV twisted

Actually, even better, get 3 and connect them to the outputs of a Analog Shift Register. Feed the ASR a 180 bpm Arpeggio CV It's peanut butter jelly time!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1