MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Meredith Monk: Songs of Ascension
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Meredith Monk: Songs of Ascension
smetak
Anyone a fan?

Really enjoy her music; recently, got Book of Days on DVD, which contains some impressive imagery and sound - I would go as far as to say reminiscent of classic Pasolini/Fellini.

Been hearing Monk on and off for a good many years now - actually, since I've stumbled upon here mythic "Dolmen Music" piece when a teenager in the 80s - one of the most haunting pieces of modern music I know, fascinating.

I recently caught this performance on Youtube:

In the description, says the piece was shot at Oliver Ranch, Geyserville, in California, at the "Ann Hamilton Tower" - a sculpture/art-themed venue - does anyone know the place? I was taken aback with it, really up there! Next trip to the West Coast, this will definitively be on my menu!
lewisRush
also a fan. turtle dreams is worth a peek if youve not seen it, there a couple versions on youtube
smetak
lewisRush wrote:
also a fan. turtle dreams is worth a peek if youve not seen it, there a couple versions on youtube

Nope! I haven't! Thanks for the suggestion!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1