MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

0-Coast into a modular rack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author 0-Coast into a modular rack
Carmelo_P82
Hi,

I'm new into modular and I've started with the 0-Coast few weeks ago. I love it so much that I want to slowly create my own rack. I'm about to get this :

- Doepfer LC6 Vintage Case PSU3
- VCO such as the Braids, Erica Black wavetable VCO or Noise Engineering Loquelic Iteritas
- VCA such as the Intellijel uVCA II or Intellijel Quad VCA

I'm dying to understand how can I connect the external VCO (example, Braids) to the 0-Coast. Make Noise told me that it's easy to do.

If someone already did that, I'd love to know the best option smile

Thanks for the help :-)
euromorcego
Carmelo_P82 wrote:
Hi,
I'm dying to understand how can I connect the external VCO (example, Braids) to the 0-Coast. Make Noise told me that it's easy to do.

If someone already did that, I'd love to know the best option smile

you want to put the 0-coast into the rack, like physically mounting it there? Not straightforward but possible, there have been a few threads about it already.

To use an external VCO is easy, however. Just patch the output of the VCO into the 'external in' of the 0-coast. And maybe get a small mixer, then you can use the internal vco together with the external vco.
arthurdent
As euromorcego says, you can connect any external sound source to the 0-Coast through the external input of the Balance control. But this does not run that external signal through the features of the 0-Coast - Contour, Overtone, etc. It only mixes the external signal with the sound generated by the 0-Coast.
bengersfood
Here's the basic patch:

https://youtu.be/INy3ZBke1Fc

Quite agree about getting a little mixer into the rack at some point. There are plenty of small and useful options.
mantid
I also had the 0-coast serve as my gateway...

I keep it on the top of my racks on a little slanted shelf (with an SQ-1) for easy patching although I have thought about rack-mounting it. It is still crucial to so many patches, but I am gradually replacing its functions (OSC, Filer, VCA, etc) but will never give it up. I want to keep it portable.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1