MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TX Modular: Update of free Supercollider based modular app
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author TX Modular: Update of free Supercollider based modular app
Dcramer
Paul sent me a note to advise that he’s updated this very cool modular audio program:

http://www.palemoonrising.co.uk/index.html

It’s a free download, runs on most everything, based on Supercollider but you don’t need to know Supercollider to use it.
The program is highly customizable and uses a mixing desk paradigm to allow you to create modular patches.
He’s added tons of modules including some modeling and grain stuff.
Check out the videos which give you a sense of how easy it is to visual a modular patch using a mixer, buss, and send layout:

http://www.palemoonrising.co.uk/Videos.html

Here’s the homepage blurb:

“The TX Modular System (Release 087 - January 2018)

The TX Modular system is a modular software synth which is written in the SuperCollider language (supercollider.github.io).
It can be used to build interactive audio systems such as: digital musical instruments, interactive generative compositions, sound design tools, live audio processing tools, and group improvisation performance tools.

This version has been tested on Mac OS X 10.11 and should also work on Windows and Linux.

You don't need to know how to program in SuperCollider to use this system. But if you can program in SuperCollider, some modules allow you to edit the SuperCollider code inside - to generate or process audio, add modulation, create animations, or run SuperCollider Patterns.

Intro to the software

The TX Modular system includes many different modules such as: waveform generators, multi-track & step sequencers, sample & loop players, envelope generators, wavetable synths, filters, noise generators, LFOs, delays, compressors, gates, flangers, pitch-shifters, reverbs, vocoders, distortion, ring modulation, file recorders and file players, plus many more (see List of All Modules).

The user can choose which modules to use and build these into a "system", adding audio files for samples and loops.
Audio and modulation signals can be sent around the system allowing for all kinds of ways to link and control modules.

Help files are provided for every module as well as tutorials on how to use the software.

A user-designed GUI interface, with up to 20 linked screens is included.
The user can add buttons, sliders, labels boxes, etc. of any size, colour, or font, and decide how they control modules in the system.
This is useful for example when you want to show certain details of various different modules together on one screen. Or have a single button start several sequencers, or a single slider modify multiple filters.

Up to 99 "snapshots" of the system can be saved, and you can easily create presets for any module, and export them for use in other TX systems.

You can control the system live with a keyboard, mouse, MIDI or OSC controllers, an IPad or smart phone (using MIDI or OSC), or using other software - on the same computer, across a network, or across the Internet.

It is also possible to record the digital output straight to disk to create audio files that can then be used in a sequencer or audio editor.

Free Software License

The TX Modular system is free software released under the GNU General Public License (version 3), created by the Free Software Foundation (see www.gnu.org). A copy of the license is included with the download.”
alexbarbed
That looks like a labour of love. Anyone using it?
dogoftears
woah.
i watched some of these videos and this software looks truly insane. i might just have to give it a spin, though i feel i will need ample free time to get used to the incredibly powerful and open ended interface!

i LOVE that you don't have to drag a single virtual patch cable. this makes most sw modulars less fun for me since it is the epitome of "mousing around"... i think the mixing desk and drop down menu paradigm is a very novel approach towards synth patching. and the amount of modules, dear lord!

any how, if any one has used this, please pipe up, tell us about your experiences. it strikes me as a true "modular synth workstation"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1