MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Should we keep making F-1 pedals?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  

keep making F-1 pedal
yeah
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
don't care
65%
 65%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author Should we keep making F-1 pedals?
metasonix
The boards ran out and I'm debating whether it's worth the trouble to reorder. They have been selling rather slowly for the past 18 months. And in case you wondered: a high proportion of F-1 buyers make the "it's broken" complaints.

Leave comments below pls.
darmklacht@gmail.com
Well If you would make another pedal with the multimode filter I would be quite glad. Especially when combineer with the horsecock and the circuit in the r51.

But aint that asking too much?
metasonix
darmklacht@gmail.com wrote:
Well If you would make another pedal with the multimode filter I would be quite glad. Especially when combineer with the horsecock and the circuit in the r51.

That's a pretty weird and specific combination. Can you explain why it would be so desirable? I'm seriously interested.
EPTC
L-O-V-E
MY F-1. SlayerBadger!

But could understand it going the way to other things. The RK stuff seems to have more interesting distortion options. Love that single dial of the F1 though, especially on the more subtle settings, and the actual whine sound it makes when you adjust the dial is splendid. It's still one of my favorite sales pitches Metasonix ever has done, "imagine blowing up your amp over and over" ha.

Other people's loss for not getting one.
Yes Powder
I do want one, but probably won't have the spare cash at this point until summer or at least later spring. If it'd be keeping from making other newer things though, make those instead.
My fault for slacking on grabbing one.
EPTC
Was thinking last night: What about a pedal that could accept any one metasonix rk module of a user's choice, to make it self-contained? would that work with the existing F1 cases?

(Or a pedal/power solution to self contain an R56 would be the best thing ever - for me, anyway, I'd love to have that reverb outside of the case)

I got a self-contained euclidean circles this way from Vlad and I really dig it.
darmklacht@gmail.com
metasonix wrote:

That's a pretty weird and specific combination. Can you explain why it would be so desirable? I'm seriously interested.

Why wierd? two different flavours of tube vca distortion?

although I think it would be a lot of fun to reduce some dynamic sygnal to a rythym of clicks and blurps with the xsvca, add the resonance of the 52 and then glue all the blurps and the schrieks together with the 51

but then I´d need to go eurorack again.

Isnt there a pedal whith the horsecock in it? I think I remember to have seen a video
metasonix
EPTC wrote:
Was thinking last night: What about a pedal that could accept any one metasonix rk module of a user's choice, to make it self-contained? would that work with the existing F1 cases?

It's possible and I've thought about doing it--but it won't be a cheap gadget. Would cost a LOT more than Doepfer's A-100 minicase. The F1 cabinet is too small even for one module, so a pedal for modules would have to be a lot bigger. If we go to a larger box, like the one that held the TM devices, there's room enough for three 8HP modules. And how does one go from the 1/8 jacks on the modules to 1/4 cables used with pedals? How do you handle the bypass switch?

Someone already makes such a device.....

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/04/13/pittsburgh-modular-intros -patch-box-modular-effects-pedal-case/

Retail $349--no way I can beat that.

Quote:
Isnt there a pedal whith the horsecock in it? I think I remember to have seen a video

Custom item for Sean Richer and I'd rather not make more, sorry.....
hairychris
metasonix wrote:
EPTC wrote:

It's possible and I've thought about doing it--but it won't be a cheap gadget. Would cost a LOT more than Doepfer's A-100 minicase. The F1 cabinet is too small even for one module, so a pedal for modules would have to be a lot bigger. If we go to a larger box, like the one that held the TM devices, there's room enough for three 8HP modules. And how does one go from the 1/8 jacks on the modules to 1/4 cables used with pedals? How do you handle the bypass switch?

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/04/13/pittsburgh-modular-intros -patch-box-modular-effects-pedal-case/

Retail $349--no way I can beat that.

I'm kind of cringing looking at that case. It's a cool idea for sure, but if you actually want to gig with it you need some way of protecting the modules from rogue feet/audience members/beer/etc.
metasonix
hairychris wrote:
I'm kind of cringing looking at that case. It's a cool idea for sure, but if you actually want to gig with it you need some way of protecting the modules from rogue feet/audience members/beer/etc.

Heh heh....when has that ever stopped musicians?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrX6eFPzvK8
mecanikill
I would love to see a Euro version of the F1 or iCunt since they have 2 tubes it seems feasible.
CursedFrogurt
Can u make me sound like Eric Clapton?
NightGoat
CursedFrogurt wrote:
Can u make me sound like Eric Clapton?

You'll need 2 iCunts for that.
caduber
fuck that, make another tm-7 we're not worthy
numan7
smile already got one - so don't care.

hmmm..... :edit: wouldn't it be nice to see the something like the kv-100 come back to the metasonix lineup (or perhaps be reincarnated into kv-200), though?

cheers
EPTC
metasonix wrote:

Huh! That got me looking at that. Looks like they discontinued it in 2015.
https://pittsburghmodular.com/patch-box/

Seems to have had uneven reviews; people loved the idea but there were noise and compatibility issues and it was more shallow than a skiff, other complaints.

caduber wrote:
fuck that, make another tm-7 we're not worthy

Not sure if its doable, of course, but I agree - resuming the TM-7 in that F1 case format would be terrific.

Do it for the scrotums!
HypatiasAngst
metasonix wrote:

Custom item for Sean Richer and I'd rather not make more, sorry.....

it's a pretty awesome mod if i do say so myself smile I've gotten a lot of use out of it!
caduber
EPTC wrote:

Not sure if its doable, of course, but I agree - resuming the TM-7 in that F1 case format would be terrific.

Do it for the scrotums!

oooof, just the thought of that makes me all moist and greasy on the inside... fap fap fap...
numan7

MY ASS IS BLEEDING F-1 sounded really, really great for me tonight! i think i could be interested in a second unit, especially if the new ones get the upgrades in trim (e.g. spray-painted box, metal foil panel-sticker, illuminated knobs, chrome roll-bar, fu package-sticker, etc.) from the F-2... or even if they don't. so please subtract one from the 'don't care' tally. and add one to 'yeah' count.

Soapbox F-1 just totally Lotsa Loves having a fuzz pedal in front, which takes things from its characteristic squelchy "fart-zap" zippery kind of distorted tone at the tails of guitar notes (especially lower notes), with the opposite effect of sustain, to this glorious otherworldly wall of interstellar rattlesnakes with occasional bursts of springy metallic shrieking and squealing errupting forth (for lack of better description - words don't really suffice).

Rockin' Banana! you don't even have to play any notes. you can just blow on the strings, or hold the body of the guitar with both hands while gently shaking it it a few times... and then all hell breaks loose for a half a minute or so. and then it just drones away with the F-2 providing a lovely halo of warm sounding pedal controlled feedback at the end of the chain. it's so beautiful!

hmmm..... it would be really cool if you could add a simple germanium diode fuzz circuit to the F-1 with its controls in the center and with its own separate footswitch on the right.

cheers
maltemark
I bought a second one in order to have two!
ritchiedrums

thumbs up Metasonix! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1